16

I wake up to my alarm, screaming in my ear and roll over in my quilt looking for my phone. The time reads: 6:14 am. Just enough time to get ready. I make my bed and look for my clothes for today. I grab the books I need for today's classes and place them into my school backpack. I head to my bathroom and turn on some music for as I turn the shower on.

 "Hit different, hit different," I sing aloud to the music playing through my speaker, as I scrub myself.

 I step out of the shower when I finish and dry myself before brushing my teeth and adding a little bit of makeup, but not a lot though. I put on my clothes and brush my hair into a low but messy bun. I grab my backpack, phone and headphones, and head downstairs. I find my mother sitting at the table watching the news on the television as she munches on the avocado toast she made.

The outfit:

"Morning, mom," I go to greet her with a kiss on the cheek

"Oh, good morning, honey," she replies smiling at me before he continues to talk, "so today, I'm going to be staying home because Charli has the flu."
 "Oh, I could stay home and look after him. I know how you are really busy with work right now," I say.
 "Oh no, it is fine honey. I got it under control, so it's fine," she says giving me a warm smile.

 "Are you sure, I really don't mind," I say.

 "It's fine honey," she says and I give her another kiss on the cheek.
 I head to the kitchen and put some of the leftover pasta that Mrs Dolan made in a small, glass container and warm it up in the microwave.
I grab a Snapple Peach Tea and an apple from the fridge. I refill my water bottle with water as the microwave goes off. I put my lunch in my small lunch bag and grab my school backpack, getting my phone out.
I walk to Charli's room and stand at the entrance, as he's wrapped up in his blanket.
"Goodbye Charli, get well soon," I say and blow him a kiss while I exit his room.
"Ok mom, I think I will get a move on. Grayson is picking e up this morning," I say when I enter the living room.
"Ok, well have a good day and be safe on the roads, love you," she says I give her a kiss and a small hug.

As I lock the front door behind me, my phone vibrates in my hand. I check to see I notification from Grayson:
'Just around the corner,' it says. I smile and walk up to the curb and watch as Grayson's car pulls up.
"Well, great morning Jordy," he says with a huge smile, whilst turning the volume of his music down.
"Awesome morning to you," I giggle at the amount of joy he is in the morning, "Are you always this happy and joyful in the morning?" I ask.
"Depends on how I start my morning." he replies as he turns up the volume of the music.
"So, I guess I may be the reason that your happy today..." I say buckling in my belt.

"I guess so," he says smiling and singing along to the music playing through the car speakers.

"Anyways, what do you want to eat for breakfast?" Grayson asks as he stops at a red light.

"Hmm, I'm kind of feeling like a donut or some type of pastry with an iced latte," I say looking at the birds outside the car window. 

"Ohhh, I love donuts," Grayson replies, "well, let's go to Dunkin Donuts then."

"Sure," I say smiling at him.

Grayson pulls up to a open Dunkin Donut store and parks the car. We both get out and I grab my purse and phone, but before I grab the car handle to get out of the car, the door magically opens and Grayson smiling with his hand out.

"Shall we?" he asks with a small smirk.

"Thank you," I smile and grab his hand for support as I get out of the car.

We make our way to the entrance and line up to make our order.

"Hello, what can I get for you today," a young girl greets me with a small smile.

"Morning, I'll get a Sausage, Egg & Cheese sandwich and a medium iced coffee, please," I order my food before I make way for Grayson to make his order.

"I'll grab a medium sweetened iced tea and 12 donuts holes, all glazed please," Grayson orders.

"Is that on card or cash?" the young girl asks.

"Card, please," Grayson answers before I could answer. 

"Grayson, it's fine. I'll pay," I tell him.

"Jordy, it's fine. I got it," he says and grabs my hand, without looking at me, and tugs me behind him, to the point where I'm up close to his back, so can't stop him from paying. 

I just give up. When he finishes paying, he pulls me by my hand to wait for our order on the 'waiting' side of the counter. He decides to sit down on the stool whilst still holding my hand. 

Damn, this guy has a thing for holding hands. Geez.

He sits on the stool whilst he pulls me towards him, so I'm standing between his parted legs, AND STILL, his hands are attached to mine. He stares into my eyes, making me scared because this is the longest he has ever looked into my eyes where he isn't nervous. We stand there just looking  deep into each other's eyes. 

"You're really really beautiful, J," he says out of no where, maintaining eye contact.

"Uhhh, thank you," I say blushing HARD.

I look down, breaking eye contact.

This is soooo freaking weird!!!

"Order number 75!" the same young girl that took our order, yelled.

That was God saving me from that awkward state.

"That's us," I say and head towards the counter, Grayson following behind me.

We grab our food and drinks and thank the girl, and head out to the car.

"Thanks for paying for my order, I'll pay you back," I say as soon as we get in the car.

"Jordy, it's fine, I actually don't mind," Grayson says smiling big at me.

I return his smile and munch on my toasted sandwich, as Grayson plays music through the car speakers. He takes a bite of the donut holes he order, and slowly dancing along with the music.

"Help yourself with the donuts, I bought them for both of us," he tells me, and I nod, thanking him.  

I am half way finished, eating my sandwich and decide to give the rest to Grayson, just a small way of saying thank you.

"Here, have this, I'm kind of full," I lie handing him the sandwich.

"Are you sure?" he questions me whilst smirking because he knows for sure I have a big appetite for food.

"Yeah, yeah, have it," I say smirking but looking out the window so he doesn't know I'm lying.

"Ok," he says taking a big bite out of it.

"Oh my god," I laugh as Grayson's mouth is smeared with sauce all over it.

I grab a napkin from the take away bag and wipe his mouth clean, as I feel his eyes on me.

"Thanks," he smiles.

"Anytime," I say popping a donut hole in my mouth.

"Are you really full?" He asks with a big smirk on his face.

"No. I wanted you to have it," I smile at him, "it's my way of sharing my love and saying thank you. I do it with my friends ALL THE TIME."

"Sharing your leftovers, is a way of sharing your love and saying thank you?" he chuckles, "I actually love that idea," he bursts into laughter and I join him too.

I know right. Giving someone 
your leftovers, who paid for your food and drink, as a "thank you". What a loser.