Chapter 18.

The annoying sun was shining in Xara's eyes. She groaned and opened them, then swiftly shut them close and groaned silently. Why wasn't she on her bed in their small cabin? What was this uncomfortable thing that was underneath her? Amd why did it smell so weird here?!

She sat up, her eyes widening as soon as she remembered everything. A groan leaked from her mouth as she stood up and brushed the irritating straw off herself, cleaning her black gown. It was warm, but it only made her blood boil even more. She didn't want warmth! She wanted it to be chilly!

"Xary?" A familiar voice called and her head snapped up, her lips smiling as soon as she saw Romeo. His head was sticking out of the pile of hay and he was rubbing his eyes with a fist tiredly, yawning every now and again. "Is it time to get up already?"

At the end he whined a little, indicating that more than anything he wanted to just, snuggle back into straw and sleep there for a while. The woman smiled but nodded, and the kid sighed sadly, getting out of his sleeping place. Dry grass was everywhere, and she rolled her eyes at the sight of him. So messy! Didn't he know how to take care of keeping his clothes clean?

"Come here." Xara sat down and patted the ground nearby. Her friend hurried and snuggled by her side, looking at her shoulder like it was a soft and cuddly pillow. Yeah. The woman giggled and began to clean the guy, pulling the straws out of his curly, unkept hair

"Ow!" He yelped and reached to grab his head in his hands. "Don't pull! It hurts!"

"I'm not pulling!" She protested and let go of his hair. The boy sobbed and looked at her with wide eyes.

"It hurt." He complained childishly. Xara rolled her eyes. Really?! She hadn't done anything! She was just about to say just that when another sleeping figure stirred and Fred raised his head. He blinked once and looked around, skin slightly darker under his eyes now. The woman narrowed her eyes in suspicion. Had he not received enough sleep? But he always slept better than her!

"Morning." Fred smiled and shuffled towards his friends, pulling some straw out of Romeo's curls. The kid yelped and backed away, and the older male laughed. "Oh come on, it doesn't even hurt!"

"It does!" The boy protested and himself tried to clean his hair that was worse now than ever before. The female Admin rolled her eyes and looked at Fred, who was smiling at her friendly.

"How did you sleep?" He asked silently. "Don't known about you, but for me, this place is just magical! Everything here is so good that it's impossible to believe in!"

"Exactly." Xara nodded. She knew he hadn't meant that, but this was exactly what she was feeling. Like all of this was fake, not true, a sheep's clothing on a wolf. And meeting that wolf was the last thing that she wanted. "I don't like it here. It isn't natural! Let's go home together, I swear that as soon as you see your-our cabin you'll feel so much better. Let's just go."

"And leave powers with us?" The man sighed and shook his head. "You know how dangerous it is. Maybe in a hundred of years..."

"I would never ever hurt you or Romey here." The woman cut him off and glanced at the redhead, who was busy pulling straws out and trying not to pull on his locks, which seemed to be an impossible task. "Not now, not in a century. And I honestly doubt that either of you would try to hurt our friends. We know each other too well to actually hurt one another!"

Fred blinked and looked away, and for a split moment she felt pity rise in her chest. After all, he thought he was helping, even if that help would only bring them more pain and agony that actually solution. No, no, they had to go home. They had to.

"So you still don't want to agree to the deal, do you?" The male muttered and sighed. "Okay... Okay. Let's go ask Romeo, it's time to decide."

Xara nodded and got up. The redhead, noticing the way his friends had moved, frowned and tilted his head in confusion, and she had to stop herself from laughing at the sweetness and the amusement of the gesture. He truly was like a child!