"I Love You"

Ashton's P.O.V.

"How could you embarrass me like that?! You are such an idiot!"

Kelseigh was rambling on and on about what had happened the other night at the club.

"And with my best friend?! Really??"

I sighed as I took her hand. "I didn't mean to," I said quietly. "I would never mean to cause trouble, it just happened."

"Idiot!" She walked around in circles as she tried to figure out what to say next. She turned and pointed to me. "No sex for you!"

I smirked cockily and wrapped my arms around her waist. "You'd never say no to me," I said slyly.

"Well this time I am," she said as she pulled away from me.

I sighed as I reached for her hand. "I told you I was sorry, what else can I say?"

She sighed as she turned away from me. "Why don't you just go," she said after a moment.

"But Kelse-"

"Ashton," she said sternly. "Please just leave."

I got up and wrapped my arms around her waist again. "Please don't say that we're ov-"

"We?" She looked up at me with anger in her words. She pushed me away as she shook her head. "What's this we you're talking about? We don't exist, as far as I'm concerned.

"W-what..?" My heart broke. I didn't even know what I was feeling at that moment. All I knew was that there was nothing left to smile about.

"Yes, Ashton, we don't exist," Kelseigh explained. "And do you know why we don't?"

I shook my head.

"Because it doesn't feel like we exist!" She had tears in her eyes as she sat down on her bed.

I went over to her and sat down. I pulled her into my lap as I kissed her forehead. "Why not?"

"You're a fucking idiot," she said as she got up. "You don't see the way you are around me when we're at school, do you?"

"What are you talking about, Kels?"

She stood in front of me with a sad look on her face. "The way you are around me in school is.. like you don't even want to be around me."

My heart broke. "Kelseigh, that's not true.."

"Well you act like it."

I stood up and went over to her. "Kelseigh, I'm sorry, it's just that-"

"Forget it." She pulled away from me with tears in her eyes. "Just go."

"Kelseigh, wait-"

"Just go!" She demanded as she pointed to the door.

I sighed as I nodded and walked over to the door. I turned back to her, but she wasn't even looking at me. She had her arms crossed over her chest and was staring at her feet. I wanted to say something, but I held myself back to avoid another fight. But one thing did manage to slip out of my mouth before I left.

"I love you."