Moonlit love

Prolouge

Thunder cracking.Lightning flashing. Pouring rain.

A heavy gust of wind flicked a lock of my raven black tresses to one side, the icy rain caught in my skin, sending a cold shiver down my spine. My sodden clothes clung to my skin; the breeze swept away the silver medallion that I had held so dearly in the palm of my hand. I willed my feet to move but they were rooted to the ground forever more, crystal tears poured out of my eyes. My arms tuned to branches, my legs became the bark of an autumn blossom tree, my hair turned to the leaves that envelop the exposed branches. My brain became fuzzy and the scene blurred before my eyes, a low husky voice called my name several times.

"Cathrina. Cathrina, wake up! and please stop those tears." a flustered Mir whispered into my ear.My eyes opened and wet moisture clung to my drenched lashes, a familiar face swum into my vision, a face that I hated. A face that i would like to have crushed with my bare hands, a face that i had once looked foward to seeing every summer.

I saw Mir raking his hand through his blond hair which hung to his shoulders, with tendrils curling around his neck. He was standing near the window with the wind blowing through the balcony, curtains billowing, his hair in a wild array. As if sensing my gaze he tuned around a captured my eyes in his chocolate brown ones, his stare holding mine. Finally his eyes broke away studying my profile and I realised I had just woken up, I twisted towards my mirrior which was adajacent to my four poster bed. My ebony black hair was dishevelled, my eyes were an icy blue not the bright cornflower blue they usually were. Mir walked around to the side of the bed and sat down beside the small couch and faced me.

"What are you doing here?" I said a little bit too harshly than I had intended to. A look of hurt falshed in his eyes but they quickly concelaed it back to their normal expresionless dark brown.

"I just arrived yesterday from Alexandria and Grandmother said I could stay for duraration of my stay. Anyway forget about me what are you up to? anything exciting happened back here? This will probably be the only time I will be here so that poker face off." He siad in a formal tone.

"Why are you in HERE I mean in my room? I wouldn't have noticed you were here anyways..."

I replied in an even tone although my insides were churning up, my anger was boiling so hot that I would have attacked him; had he touched me on my shoulder in an affectionate way.

After all he had made me go through, he dared to show his face in my view then disturb my peace. He could have what he asked for, I moved my fist to crack his ribs but he moved so quickly that he blurred my vision. I spun on my heel to face him, he reached out with both arms and crushed me to his chest.

Then he whispered " I'm sorry I that left you, but I'll make it up tyo you. This is not a good way to welcome home your first cousin, is it?"