Chapter 2

In the grooms hurry to saddle up crystal, he knocked over the basket of food; I reached forward to stop it from spilling. My sandal landed on something slippery, the next moment I was falling down, a strong pair of hands landed on my waist to support me.

“Better be more careful next time rin.” A sultry voice whispered seductively in my ear. I jerked, and my body went stiff when I realised who it was. It was Mir; I turned around to his passive face, expressionless. I hated the way he did it, to not give any hint of anything he was feeling. I used to admire the way he was so easily able to conceal his feelings. Now, I just thought it was cold and hard. It made him seem inhumane. I don’t know how long we just kept staring at each other, me venomously and him passively. Thunder was shouting something at me from astride his horse; he had crystal’s reins, who was trotting along peacefully. Mir walked away when Lee or Joon (I still didn’t know what too call him, I think Lee is easier) shouted something at him. Thunder jumped down from his horse, and stood before me looking at me with a concerned look on his face.

“Are you all right cat? Come on, let’s get going. We have a LOT to catch up on.” He offered his hand and it and jumped astride crystal while he went around and calmed down Arrow who was jumping up and down excitedly, it really had been a long time since thunder had left.

As he climbed upon arrow’s back I shouted out to him.

“Race you to the lake. Whoever wins will be victor of the day. Be sure not to lose, I am in a really bad mood thunder.”

“I sure won’t. You are always the loser.”

“Not the case right now.” I grinned, and tapped crystal gently and then we were both flying, with the wind blowing in my face, and adrenaline rushing through my veins, I felt light headed and happy. I guided crystal through the sharp turn gently, and then she speeded up. It wasn’t long before I heard the sound of thudding hooves, and I kicked crystal. She ran like the wind, another reason I loved her. I rode harder, like I had ridden as a child. It was exhilarating; to beat thunder I thought when I saw the thick mist of the lake. I went into the mist blindly, and slowed crystal down to a gentle trot, and tied her reins to a nearby tree. I walked to the edge of the water, the mist blurred my vision. I heard the sound of a sweet voice singing. I was drawn by the sound of that voice; I almost fell into the water. Then all of a sudden the singing stopped and the sound of hooves filled my ears.

“You won! Of all days, so what has been going on with you and Mir? Don’t even try to deny it! I can see it coming Cat.” Thunder plonked own on the grass beside me and crossed his legs.

“Nothing really, we just had a little disagreement-”

“You call that a little disagreement! Cat you and him are like besties. What are the hell you trying to tell me... Cat, don’t ever lie to me. You know I hate liars. Don’t make me hate you.”

“You know what thund; you come in like lightning after two years, and expect me to peel my heart open for you.” I shouted angrily.

“Ok, I’m really sorry, it’ just that there has been a lot going on you know with Mir coming back so suddenly...”

“I understand Cat, it must be hard. What happened though?” he said keenly. I took a deep breath, and tried to say what happened but the words wouldn’t come out.

“Mir... and... I....had...a.”

“I understand that you aren’t ready to talk about it...” A loud sob escaped my throat and then in a few moments tears were pouring down my cheeks.

“Cat, if it was this horrific I shouldn’t have said anything. I’m sorry. Please don’t cry. Just don’t.” Please and he gave me a brotherly comforting hug, and I sat like that for god knows how long, until I finally stopped crying. God, I felt like such an idiot. My best friend had just come back from an exhausting world tour, and here he was comforting me. Shouldn’t it be the other way round?

“Sorry for being a baby thund.” I said and gave him a small grin.

“My pleasure for seeing Cat, her courageous highness cry, what a sight that was. Priceless.” He started rolling about with laughter. I elbowed him and he cried out.

“Ow! That hurts. Okay I’ll stop laughing. But it’s way too funny. I am soooo telling everybody.” Tears were rolling down his cheeks. He finally stopped as I gave him a glare.

“I swear I am going to kill you the next time, if you laugh at my expense.” I was laughing when I said that so it didn’t really do anything except set him off laughing again.

“Okay now I am annoyed.”

“Have fun with life cat! It’s very short.”

“So did you do anything worthwhile on the world tour? I saw all those screaming fans you had in the concert in Paris.” He immediately sobered up, and all traces of laughter disappeared. I felt like a bitch for saying that.

“It was exhausting...Bug it was worth it.”

“So? What are you going to do now? The summer vocation is nearly ending.”

“Oh, I am enrolling in school. The rest of them are going to be enrolling as seniors. They are gonna have the time of their lives. We will probably be recording more tracks and that’s about it.” A small part of me sighed inwardly with relief that Mir was going to be a senior. “Oh and I forgot to tell you this, your gran is going to Austria and Belgium with grandpa this year.”

“What did you say? You beast thund. Curse you! Why didn’t you tell me earlier? I have always wanted to go to Belgium it is sooo romantic. I should hurry to catch up with gran.”

“No need to do that. They already left.”

“Oh! Curse you again!” I said as I plopped down on the grass. He received a very nasty glare from me.

“Calm Cat. Peace! She is only going for a month. I went for two years! Didn’t you miss me?”

He turned his puppy look on me, and I melted. I could never be angry with Thunder for long, he was my best friend and my closest ally whatever I ever did or would do, he would always support me.