3.8

Tensions are growing ever higher as dinner continues. "With all the nauseating dinner theater we've endured throughout the centuries, these performances are, by far, the worst," Elijah states. Both Tristan and Aurora roll their eyes and throw their heads back in identical expressions of exasperation before. "Aurora, my sister..."

Nik immediately cuts him off, "Aurora is quite aware of our desire to see Rebekah home, and I'm sure she'll do everything in her power to oblige."

Freya walks into the courtyard. She is appalled when she sees who is seated at the table. "We're welcoming our enemies to the dinner table now? Convenient, given she's the one who has the answers I want." Freya gestures at Aurora.

She scoffs loudly and rises to her feet. "Oh, for heaven's sake! Now I have to deal with the long-lost sister?" Aurora turns to Nik with a stern expression. "Nik, please spare me your family's rage and paranoia. It is exactly this kind of lunacy which led me to steal Rebekah in the first place."

Freya interrupts, causing Aurora to look back at her. "What did you do with her?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, love, but this prophecy has you all acting as fools. And I've no intention of risking my life to foolishness," Aurora tells her. So that is why she took Bekah. "Now, I can't trust Rebekah with any of you." Aurora gives Tristan a pointed look before she continues. "And I certainly can't trust the silly dear to endure on her own, so I decided to put her someplace safe. Imagine a spot where no harm could come to her. Where, in fact, no one could possibly even track her down." Aurora smiles at the rest of the room as my siblings and I stare at her in bewilderment and horror. "Yes, rest assured, Rebekah is perfectly fine... at the bottom of the ocean."

I glare at her. How could she do that. How could she drop Bekah in the ocean. She is who she is because of Rebekah. She is alive because of Rebekah.

Nik narrows his eyes in scrutinous as he looks to Aurora. "You're bluffing." Aurora simply shakes her head as though she's playing dumb. "Tell me you're bluffing!"

Aurora scoffs. "Oh, you should all be thanking me. Rebekah's never been safer! She has plenty of company down there. There's all the little crabs, and octopus, and..." Aurora makes accompanying hand gestures to communicate the crabs and octopi just as Nik angrily slams his hands on the table and stands to his feet.

Before Nik can react further Tristan vamp-speeds over to Freya and holds the point of a knife to her throat. "Harm my sister, and I'll be forced to return the favor."

Elijah vamp speeds over to Tristan and yanks him away from Freya. He pins Tristan face-first against one of the support beams of the balcony.

Lucien smirks at this development and awkwardly sips his drink before making his snarky reply, "Oh, this all escalated very quickly..."

I turn to face him. "Shut up, Lucien, or I'll tear your tongue from your head."

Lucien rolls his eyes. "I would tell Else here to be careful with the threats, Nik. Anything should happen to me, I won't be able to protect your precious Cami."

Aurora's eyes flash with jealousy and anger. "Okay, that is the second time I've heard her name! Just who is this Cami?"

Freya glares at Aurora. "You have bigger problems." Freya thrusts her hand in front of her and flicks her wrist, telekinetically snapping Aurora's neck and causing her to collapse onto the floor in a heap.

Nik, both appalled and impressed, shouts at her, "Freya!"

Elijah seems to be in agreement with Freya and interrupts him as he drags Tristan back to the table by the back of his neck and shoving him down onto his seat. "Niklaus... Which of these three vulgar parasites would you first like to torture?"