Chapter 1 "Before Graduation"

Rose's POV

BEEP!! BEEP!! BEEP!!

I'm jolted awake by the sound of my alarm clock and immediately started to get dressed. Today is the day that marks the rest of my young adult life. Today is the day I graduate high school. For some high school are the best years of their lives. Now I'm not saying my high school experience was horrible but I always felt so out of place... Almost like everything was waiting for me outside of that place and time. And now I'm ready for everything I've been waiting for.

"Rose Honey! Come on we've gotta go pick up your grandparents before the ceremony!"

I quikly exit my room while pulling on one of my Converse (yes I am wearing Converse to my graduation.... Sue me). Finishing with my shoes I run down the stairs to my mom. Once I get down stairs I catch my mom's eye and she immediately starts tearing up.

"Come on MA!, Not again we've been over this!". I take a deep breath, walk over to her and give her a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

She smooths my light brown wavy hair then holds me at arms length. I watched her green eyes that match mine take in my appearance all the while smiling.

"I'm so happy I convinced you to wear a dress today." she continued smiling until her eyes met my Converse. She immediately frowns and looks me in my eyes, giving me her signature "mom look".

"Honestly Mom don't give me that look, You've already got me in THIS!" I say pulling at the ends of the flowy navy blue dress. "Please for the love of god don't make my shoes a thing Ma?"

Again she gives me look, sighs and looks at her watch. Her eyes widen as she realizes we're probably late picking up my grandparents. "Shit Rose we're late!".

Typical Mom always late...

A/N: This is my very first writing experience so please bare with my mistakes in both grammar and punctuation's. Also help me by correcting me?

Anyway thanks for reading!