[ 002 ] rumor has it

( 🦇 ) ━━ chapter two,     After Eliot departs, the conversation goes like this:

( 🦇 ) ━━ chapter two, After Eliot departs, the conversation goes like this:

          "You know, I heard that she stabbed a guy in his..." Richie trails off, looking down at his pants.

          Eddie nods frantically. "I heard she has some kind of venereal disease like herpes or HIV... or all of them!"

          Stan, the levelheaded one, frowns. "They're just rumors. And you shouldn't be talking about her after she just saved us from Bowers."

          "Stan's right. Who knows what w-would have h-happened if she hadn't come."

          Eddie frowns, looking at his sneaker clad feet. "I wish Bowers would go missing."

          Richie scoffs. "He's probably the one doing it." Then his face turns pensive — or at least as pensive as he can look. "Okay, but do you think Eliot actually shacked up with Mr. Harrison for a better grade?"

          "Our t-teacher, Mr. Harrison?" Bill asks in repulse.

          "No way!" Stan dismisses. "She's the smartest person at our school. She wouldn't shack up with a teacher for a grade that she could get on her own."

          "Fine," Richie says simply. "So she did it for fun then."

          Stan smacks the boys arm and they gather their bikes, starting the journey to the Kaspbrak household with high spirits. Bill is leading the gang, trying to ignore Richie's incessant jabbering though like his title suggests, he really is a trashmouth. He's still hung up on the subject of Eliot Walker, making crude remarks and listing all of the unspeakable rumors he's heard. He's vulgar, certainly, but not at all threatening in any way. Eddie is gagging at the mention of the rumors, mostly the ones like how she gave Andrew Landry a blowjob in the boy's bathroom.

          "That's so unsanitary! Who wants to kneel on a piss-covered floor? Oh, god!" he exclaims, repressing his urge to upchuck just at the thought of it.

          "So she likes it dirty," Richie shrugs. "I can work with that."

          Stan rolls his eyes, trying his best to focus on the scenery rather than their mindless babbling. He's looking at the trees for birds, not that his friends would let him stop to birdwatch — not at a time like this at least. But Richie's voice still finds a way to penetrate his tranquility and Stan scoffs at his friend, tightening his fingers around the handlebars of his bike.

          "No offense, Richie, but Eliot wouldn't do anything with you."

          "Oh yeah, Stan the Man? And why's that?"

          "'Cause she's way too smart to do that, so shut up, Richie!"

          "Yeah, shut up, Richie," Eddie agrees.