This Casual Lover Is Yours

~Season 1, Episode 5~
Tharn is hurt after Type rejects him at the bar. Later in their room, Type kisses Tharn to make it up to him.
Tharn is happy, and wants to show his affection to Type.

[A/N - I know they don't say Tharn & Type get up to any funny business in this scene, but I really feel like they did]

~~~

*Type's POV*

Tharn is sitting next to me on the bed, his arms wrapped around my waist in a tight hug. He's leaning against me, and his weight keeps making me topple over.

"Tharn, you're heavy," I complain.

"I'd been waiting for you," Tharn smiles widely.

"I told you I'm not making up with you," I remind him. Tharn smiles sheepishly and buries his face in my chest. "Wait... you're acting as if you knew I would do it." Tharn nuzzles closer to me, confirming my suspicions. I shove him off of me and scold him. "Tharn, you son of a bitch!"

Tharn leans back into me with a mischievous grin. "But at least you finally made me realize... that you care about me."

"I don't care—"

"You got mad when I went home without telling you," Tharn cuts me off.

"I didn't—"

"You bought Sprite because you know I like it," he interrupts again. "And you kissed me because you knew I wanted it. Am I right?"

I look at Tharn's smug face, and annoyance rushes through me. "Yeah, you're right. But you forgot something."

Before Tharn can say anything else, I swiftly kick him off the bed and onto the floor.

"You forgot to say you tricked me!" I yell, jabbing a finger at him accusingly.

Tharn stares up at me, and all traces of playfulness or smugness disappear from his face. "But on that night... I was truly hurt."

An uncomfortable feeling fills my chest as I look at the sad expression in front of me. I kneel down in front of Tharn, keeping close to him.

"And I really mean it," Tharn continues in a soft voice. "You are more than just a friend to me."

Slowly, I reach up and place a hand on Tharn's cheek. My thumb traces the soft skin, and Tharn's eyes flutter shut from my touch.

"Well," I say, softer than before, "just forget it. Think of that kick as punishment for tricking me."

I stand to walk away when a weight suddenly grips my ankle, and I topple onto the bed with a startled yelp as Tharn climbs over me.

"Tharn, what the hell!" I exclaim.

"Type..." Tharn tenderly says. "What am I to you?"

The question throws me off guard, and I'm left searching for the words to say. Tharn's eyes travel around my face when I don't respond.

"Type, what am I to you?" Tharn repeats.

I eye him suspiciously. "You want me to say 'your boyfriend', don't you?"

Tharn grins down at me. "I hope so."

"A casual lover."

The smile falls off Tharn's face and he pouts.

"Yeah, a casual lover," I repeat. "No friends kiss like that."

Still pouting, Tharn rolls to the side and lies beside me, keeping one arm wrapped around me. "A casual lover?" A smile slowly spreads across his face. "Better than nothing."