Close My Eyes And Leap

...it's time to tryyyy defying gravityyyyy... haha sorry couldn't resist. I managed to write tonight, after being very distracted last night and almost getting to that point tonight as well haha. I hope you're all hanging in there on quarantine. Ugh, I'm bored... but we start online classes on Thursday so I'll probably be regretting complaining then haha. Enjoy this chapter! Leave a comment and vote if you please x
-ab

——————————————

May 22, 2028

Harper

"Harper," Brittney laughs, "she's a baby, not like... god, I don't even know. Like, precious crystals or something. You don't need to wrap her in bubble wrap to take her outside. Let's just get the stroller and be on our way."

"I don't want her to be cold."

"It's 70 degrees out."

"God, you Americans using that weird temperature system," I tease her. "It's 21 degrees."

"Either way. She won't get hypothermia in late May, I promise. Let's just go."

I know that I'm probably freaking out way more than I should be about taking the little girl out of the house for the first time. I have Brit with me, and Patrick gave us his blessing to be doing so, but I still can't help but have a bit of anxiety surrounding the whole situation.

In spite of that, I know that it's time to just close my eyes and leap. Everything is going to be okay.

Once I nod, Brittney and I start to leave, and before we know it, I'm pushing the pram down the pavement towards the tube stop.

Our first stop is to visit Daddy for lunch at the Pret near his clinic. I hope that his first day back is going well. I'm sure that he's absolutely smashing it, just like he always does.

On the tube, the situation is a bit scary at first, but I very quickly get the hang of navigating the pram through the crowds of people and getting it on and off of trains. It's an easy route to Patrick's work, and one that I've taken many times on my own.

With Brit's help, it's almost as easy with a baby.

Once we reach Pret, I notice that Patrick is already inside. I hope that he hasn't been waiting for too long, but even if he has, he shows no signs of being annoyed. As soon as us three girls walk over to his table, he allows a giant smile to grow on his face.

"Well, hello strangers," he smiles cheekily. "That's a really beautiful baby."

I laugh as he reaches into the pram and pulls his daughter out. "Harper, will you order my usual for me?"

"Sure," I reply. Brittney and I walk up to the counter and order sandwiches.

We have a nice lunch with Patrick, but eventually, he has to go back to work, and Brittney and I have more exploring to do today. We are going to go and stroll along Shaftesbury Avenue, to see the theatres. I know that she's excited, and I am, too. It's one of my favourite places in all of London.

"Bye Millie," Patrick says, kissing the little girl's cheek before placing her back in the pram. He says goodbye to Brittney and I as well, but then we have to split up. "Have a fun day, girls."

I don't have nearly as much fear getting back on the tube this time. After doing it the first time, I think that I have it figured out.

We take the train to Piccadilly Circus. I immediately point out the Piccadilly Theatre to Brittney. The Prom is finishing up its West End run within the next few weeks, but it is still playing, so all of those signs are up.