.:the disney secret:.

~Virgil's POV~

It has been six months since I've managed to score this opportunity. Six whole months of being in Florida with these (mostly) irritating roommates. Six whole months living with Logan, Patton and Roman. Six whole months of keeping my job a secret. Six whole fucking months acting as Peter Pan for Disneyland. What have I gotten myself into?

I honestly don't remember how I got here. I was auditioning as an unimportant character in a movie and next thing I know, I was packing up boxes to move to this unpredictable place. Through these next six months, I was acting as this cheery, over the top, Disney character. I guess they needed someone with a baby face, something that I definitely had.

However, lucky is not what I would call myself in this situation. This is definitely not a dream job as some might call it. I mean, who would want to be in a green costume made of tight, heavy material, just to be hugged by some stranger's offspring, only to get paid at minimum wage? Honestly, my closest friend (and favorite roommate) got a better job than what I did; he even gets paid more than me.

Patton is my character assistant at work. Under Disney's rules, each actor needs to have an assistant with them at all times for health and safety reasons. The only issue with that was everyone knew what he did for a job; I had decided to keep this on the down low since day one. The only two people who know is, well, Patton and the other Peter Pan actor, whose bizarre name I don't even remember. All I know is that he has a weird scar on his face that he can somehow cover with make up.

Mondays are usually less packed than other days, yet there are still a great amount of people here to enjoy the magic of Disneyland. With my severe anxiety, crowds were never a good thing. However, when playing a character so obnoxious like Peter, it's like all of those worries and thoughts slip to the back of my mind. After all, I'm not Virgil. I'm Peter fucking Pan, the boy who never learned how to grow up. I told you it's obnoxious.

I arrived to the park with Patton on time, 9am on the dot, in order to prepare and get into character before the gates open at 10 for the general public. Today's vibe was apparently different though. The other cast members were all on the edge of their seats. I could sense their heightened fear and anxiety bouncing off the walls. That usually only means one thing; someone with a high status was coming, probably with an all access pass. Fuck me.

For whatever reason, I was calm as I tugged the green tights that I was provided with onto my smooth shaved legs. It didn't bother me that some supposedly big "celebrity" was coming today. They don't know who Virgil is. They know Peter Pan, the stupid persona that I would have to act as. Everything was going to be okay though. I can tell...

Everything is definitely not okay. I'm never this late to get to my location for the day. Out of all days, it just so had to be one of the most important ones. With Patton rushing me along the underground tunnels, it completely leaves my mind that there was a 9:30 tour. The stress of the gates opening in less than 15 minutes got to my head.

However, that stress vanished as soon as Patton spoke in a hushed voice.

"Someone's coming." As soon as I heard those two words, it was my cue to instantly slipped into character, replacing my fast paced, hurried walking with small, cheerful skips, pretending that time doesn't exist. If only they knew the panic I was feeling at the back of my mind. I did not have time for this.

The multiple footsteps were gradually getting louder as they approached us. As Patton and I rounded the corner, we were met with a squeal of excitement, something that we were used to, However, this type of squeal had definitely set off my anxiety.

"Logan! It's Peter Pan!"

Oh fuck.

...

It's the first chapter!!! Yayyyyyyyyy!!! I know this chapter was really short but this is only the first one. The rest will hopefully be longer, or at least I think they will be. I'm just testing the waters with this first chapter. You know, just dipping my toes into crocodile infested waters...I can't wait to see where this will take us though. Okay, bye for now though, I'm extremely awkward....

~Elliott