Following (4)

Miss Shui murmured assent. Although she still felt that these prices were unreasonable, she could only comply with her boss's order.

The two of them wrote out their agreement. Miss Shui was a straightforward person. The contract clearly said that if she ever exposed Ji Man as the storeowner, she would have to compensate her with five hundred silver taels. Moreover, she would also have to immediately return the store to her."

Ji Man naturally didn't treat her unfairly either. Forty percent of the profits would be more than enough for her have a rich life.

On the way out, Ji Man asked Miss Shui's address in the passing. She said that she would introduce her to a doctor that would come over to check her father's illness.

After this pleasantly cooperative meeting, Ji Man held the remaining two large boxes of cold cream as she swiftly called for a carriage to return home.

This time, Ji Man was waiting outside the residence's entrance to return with Liu Mama after ditching her again. This way, she wouldn't be scolded for returning without Ji Man. Although Liu Mama found the situation strange, she didn't say anything. It was fine as long as she wasn't punished.

Marquis Moyu had been busy with going back and forth to the palace during the past two days for an unknown reason. But, since he wasn't home much, the residence was a lot less tense during this period. None of other women left their courtyards to aimlessly walk around. They were all staying in their rooms to figure out ways to make themselves appear more attractive.

Wen Wan increasingly felt that Nie Sangyu had reformed. She now appeared more or less as a gentle and warm-hearted person. The struggles that she had anticipated that she would have to face after coming here never happened. In addition, Nie Sangyu had also given her the super effective treasure item, cold cream. Wen Wan no longer used any other cosmetic. Therefore, the favorable impression she had towards Nie Sangyu was creeping upwards towards the sky.

Ji Man also knew that Wen Wan had relaxed her vigilance. But, when Wen Wan told her that she had arranged for her to serve Marquis Moyu tonight, Ji Man was still very shocked.

To be willing to push her own man towards another woman, this woman was truly generous. The female lead was truly a self-inflicting Holy Mother that was asking to be killed.*

After hearing this news, Mu Shuiqing was furious. She had been frequently visiting Wen Wan's courtyard. She couldn't believe that Wen Wan would give the chance of sleeping with the marquis to Nie Sangyu. It was so rare for the marquis to let madam arrange for him to sleep with someone else.

First, Honored Concubine Xue had received his favor. Then, he had repeatedly favored Wen Wan. Now, she wanted the marquis to favor that vicious woman, who had only recently left the confinement courtyard. Then, when would it finally be her turn?

After she had torn her handkerchief into pieces, Mu Shuiqing angrily went to Qi Siling's courtyard.

Marquis Moyu was sitting at the table and his expression looked somewhat ugly. "You want me to go to Nie Sangyu's room?"

Wen Wan lowered her eyes. She was sitting in front of her dressing table. She quietly said, "Old Madame will be coming back in two days. You'll have to go to her room sooner or later, so you might as well let me act as a sensible, worthy wife."

Marquis Moyu furrowed his brow. He stood up, walked to Wen Wan's front, lifted her chin with his hand, and said, "You really don't mind?"

Wen Wan mockingly curved her lips, "Has my lord ever stopped himself from going to another courtyard in consideration for my feelings?"