Following(13)

Ji Man's lips twitched, but she still maintained an excellent show of etiquette by approaching them and saluting. "My lord, why were you looking for this servant?"

Marquis Moyu looked at her, raised his chin, and rather haughtily said, "I'll be eating dinner with Jinse."

"Eh?" Ji Man felt confused. Why was he telling her this?

Ning Yuxuan wrapped an arm around Jinse's waist and said, "If you have free time, you can bring over the dishes to here."

The group had become accustomed to usually eating together after their stay at Li Province. The more people there were, the livelier it would be. Ji Man swept a questioning gaze at Ning Yuxuan. Was this an outbreak of prince syndrome again? If he didn't want to leave the room to eat, then just have the servant girls bring over the food. Why was he asking her to deliver food?

But, since she was under his roof, she had to lower her head. Ji Man saluted and agreed.

Looking at Nie Sangyu's face that didn't show the slightest sign of disconcert or unhappiness, Marquis Moyu's originally good mood suddenly dropped a little bit.

When would he see a normal woman's emotions on Nie Sangyu's face? She didn't get jealous or resentful. She used to be so bold and shrewish, but now she was a like a pool of stagnant water.

Ning Yuxuan suddenly missed the previous Nie Sangyu. At the very least, she would cry and laugh. Although she was really bothersome sometimes, he could feel her care towards him.

But now, no matter whom he favored or what he did, she didn't show any reaction. This used to be what he wanted more than anything else, but now her lack of emotion only annoyed him.

Ji Man didn't notice Ning Yuxuan's feelings at all.

After Ji Man happily finished eating dinner, she had Gancao deliver food to Marquis Moyu's room.

Jinse felt somewhat fearful as she stood by Ning Yuxuan's side. He didn't seem very happy when he saw the dishes of food.

"Why does this look the same as the food that's normally prepared by the servants?"

Ji Man innocently blinked. "Because this food was prepared by the servants, ah."

Marquis Moyu paused. He raised his eyes to look at her. "You..."

"Hmm?"

"Never mind." Marquis Moyu lowered his eyes. "Take it away. I'm not hungry."

"Oh." Ji Man actually went through with having Gancao take the food away. Anyways, she wouldn't be the one feeling hungry later.

Ning Yuxuan really didn't eat dinner. With a gloomy expression, he stayed in his room and started painting a picture of a beautiful woman.

Jinse stood by his side and watched him paint the outline of a woman's beautiful, thick hair and eyelashes. She bashfully asked, "My lord, are you painting this servant?"

Marquis Moyu's brush paused. He carefully looked at the silhouette on the paper and pursed his lips.

The outline did sort of resemble Jinse, and also Mu Shuiqing. It looked even closer to Wen Wan. He placed the brush down and chuckled. "The beauty in a painting truly can't be compared to the beauty in real life. Don't go to sleep too late."

After saying this, he turned around and started heading towards the door.

Startled, Jinse asked, "My lord? Where are you going?"

After these words came out, she realized that this wasn't a question she could ask. Jinse hurriedly lowered her head and retreated to the side.

Marquis Moyu's steps hadn't halted. He directly headed over to Nie Sangyu's room.