Quake

It's alright mum, go back to sleep. - R.

Um, hiii wrong number! - K.

Jesus fuck, he's had a bit more to drink than he thought.

Why am I always being an ass over text? Mum was asking about the quake and I replied to you by mistake, sry. - R.

I srsly don't know how you can get these things wrong... hahah and, Aw, you think it's only over text? Cute. - K.

Ouch! Bitch much? - R.

Oh, you bet. Now reply to your mum, boy. - K.

He laughs at the screen and does as he's told.

Done! All good over there? - R.

Oh sure, I barely felt it. - K.

It was very fast. Not like that 2014 one, remember that one? - R.

Her reply doesn't come as quickly and he regrets asking. It wasn't a great time after all.

Back then he had called to ask on the dogs, how they reacted to the quake. It was the strongest one he had ever felt and, heck, he was shaken.

She was shaken too, not for the same reasons, and she hasn't taken the call that well. It was too soon still.

Yeah, yeah. That one was much stronger. That time I didn't tell you but they reacted before we could feel the quake. Crazy shit. I don't think the dogs felt this one though. - K.

To be honest if mum wasn't online and hadn't seen it, I'd just think I just had one too many. - R.

Oh, not that! - K.

Funny bunny. - R.

No one calls me that IN YEARS. - K.

You can say it, no one calls you that, period. - R.

True. :) - K.

He yawns, can't help it.

Night, funny bunny. - R.

Stop it! And goodnight. - K.

Z
Z
Z

A/n: a magnitude 3.6  just hit LA near Granada Hills.
The one in 2014 was a 5.1 near Orange County.

Tell me what you're thinking of this story and their texts? You're all funny bunnies btw.