5. "Room Service."

Since the food would take a while, she chose to take a quick shower first and got dressed in her night dress. It was a sleeveless white dress with a cute bow on the chest and fell above her knees. The alluring dress came with a sheer net cardigan and covered her back. Now, where is her food?? She glanced at the antique wall clock beside the fireplace and noticed it was 15 minutes past eight. It had already been 30 minutes since her order but the stillness felt disturbing.

Was a bustling hotel supposed to be this quiet? She inhaled sharply. Did she let her guard down and walked right into a trap?

She glanced towards the windows and maintain the hustle bustle to avoid suspicion. This was the first floor. A bedspread would reach the end if she tied it against the balcony and hummed in pretend delight as she carefully observed her surroundings.

What a mess! She pretended to fluff the pillows as she pulled the bedspread and silk comforter towards the window with her tote bag. A corner of the spread was secured against the bedpost and tied to the sheets in a military knot as she skipped in her step keeping her act.

The balcony door opened and she shivered at the chill of the night. It was a reminder to be careful. She gathered the sheets carefully and looked down. Her balcony faced the gazebo of the hotel and hid her presence from the main road of the city. A plus point. No one was around as it was mainly open after midnight for the after party.

The coast was clear. She hung the sheets against careful of any suspicious sounds and looked down. It was two feet above the ground still but a good height. It was scalable. She looped her arms over the straps of her duffel bag and carried it like a backpack. Her other precious stuff was safe and secure in her hidden penthouse. She'd never risk her safety for comfort so she'd always come out of her home for work purposes.

Buzz. Buzz.

The doorbell buzzed twice and her head whipped towards the door.

"Room service."

She grinned and hopped over the balcony. "Just a second. I am in the bath"

Since she was far away, her voice came out muffled but maintained the act. She skidded down the rope with precision and grinned.

See you never, you nuggets. She triumphed as the distance between the ground and her decreased.

Suddenly, an arm looped around her waist when she was a foot above the ground and she gasped as she crashed against a firm chest.

What? Who? Her eyes clashed with a pair of cold eyes and she shivered.

"Caught you, little girl."

Game over.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Don't forget to vote and comment.*

<Guess who is in trouble now!! Are you looking forward to the next chapter?>