Resit

There she was, painting a canvas, "that's one lucky canvas" Jace thought. Clary was so close to him, he reached out his hand, slowly approaching her shoulder. He was now inches away from it, but he stopped, he couldn't, he had to resist. He quietly stepped further away from clary, but his hand hit over a small tube of paint. Clary flinched and turned over to face Jace, only, she couldn't see him. Jace watched Clary pack up and leave, he followed her onto the street,she was on the phone. "yeah I left a little early, I don't know, I feel like someone was watching me and then a tube of paint fell over, it was enough to scare me out" she laughed "oh shut up, I'm not paranoid" Clary responded to the caller.
Jace gave a little sad smile while watching Clary walk away, "at least she was happy" he thought and sighed.
Jace made his way back to the institute, thinking of all the adventures he and Clary would've had.
He didn't even realize he made it to the front of the institute, his legs had brought him there, but he hadn't been thinking about it. Jace went inside, there were people around him, a couple of them said hi, but Jace wasn't listening. He went straight to his room and locked the door.
Jace went to lay down on his bed and he drifted away to the wonderful world of sleep, where hopefully, he would see Clary.

Clary made it to her apartment, something was definitely off when she had been in the art studio. It felt like someone was watching her, but the thought of that didn't scare her, it made her smile a little, she didn't know why. She snapped out of it "no one was watching you Clary, stop being stupid" she convinced herself.

Jace woke up early and dragged himself out of bed resistantly, he shrugged, yawned and went to put clothes on. He finished the look off with a black leather jacket. His eyes glanced at the row of Clary's clothes in the closet next to his. He quickly closed the closet door and went to meet the others.

"Jace" Izzy yelled at him and waved  "over here". Jace walked over to the others and gave a raise of eyebrows as a hi. "any missions for today?" he asked Clearly eagor to leave the institute. "as a matter of fact, yes, there's a mission for all of us, there's been some demon attacks at that street" Izzy pointed at the map. "so? Are you up for it?" she asked looking at everyone one by one, she stopped on Jace, looking at him, with her eyes she suggested Jace shouldn't be back yet, but he nodded, ignoring Isabelle's attempt to make him stay. "we should leave" he said going to get what he needed for mission.

Izzy was talking to Alec while Jace was walking behind everyone else. They arrived at the destination, but Jace wasn't focused on that. "this street" he thought out loud "Clary lives near here" he said. Isabelle and Alec were at a loss of words "Jace, you weren't supposed to look for her!" Izzy said angrily "we all miss her, you know we do, but we can't break the rules, as much as I want to give her a hug, train with her again, I can't do that" Izzy said with tears forming in her eyes. Jace snapped "you can't expect me to stay away from her, she's the love of my life" he yelled back at her. Alec stepped in between them "hey.. Hey!" he got their attention "we'll talk about this when we get back to the institute, now let's please focus on the mission". Jace and Izzy nodded.

   Jace was taking out his anger on the demons when he saw it, something orange flash at the corner of the Alleyway "Clary.." he said almost whispering. He glanced at Izzy and Alec, they wouldn't notice if he went, right? He'd be back before they even realised he was gone, besides, who were they to keep him from Clary, he wouldn't say anything to her, he just wanted to see her. Jace quickly ran around the corner and there she was, beautiful, as always.

Clary sat down on a bench and took a piece of charcoal from her pocket, she started drawing what she saw in front of her.

Jace couldn't resist, he de glamoured and sat next to her on the bench.

Clary was so focused on the drawing that she didn't even see Jace next to her.