two | realm

| realm [relm] |

| realm [relm] |

(n.) the special province or field of something or someone.

An hour and a half later, I found myself swaying my body to the last few lyrics that managed to escape my now dry lips

An hour and a half later, I found myself swaying my body to the last few lyrics that managed to escape my now dry lips. Sweat lightly sprouted on my warm skin as the lights burned down on the stage, engulfing me in an inferno that I was counting the seconds to my escape. I loved being up here as I lost all sense of reality, but those lights would surely be the death of me.

If not those lights, then the green-eyed statue standing in the back of the room whose gaze never left me. Just like earlier, he burned holes into my skin as whenever I moved, his eyes followed. Even when I decided to strut off the stage and sing while weaving through the crowds, he observed. Like a predator stalking its prey, I had become a baby gazelle to the lion, the king of the jungle.

It was terrifying but also electrifying. But even then, I refused to return the gesture. I didn't have to lock eyes with him to know he was looking because even with my back turned, I felt it. I felt him. It was like he was in my head being able to read the signals my brain would send whenever any inch of my body would move. He'd know before I knew I was moving.

Imagine if he knew the words to my songs, I thought to myself. That thought in itself made me want to faint. He was infecting me without even doing a single damn thing. The nerve of him.

Pushing him out of my thoughts, I ended the song with its last few words as the band slowly followed until no more noise emitted from the stage. It was then a light round of applause echoed, causing a smile to form on myself and my bandmates.

Most of all, I was smiling because Jackson managed to not be a beat behind this time around.

"I, the band and the rest of Laguna, would like to thank you for joining us tonight with your wonderful company. Please enjoy the rest of the evening, and it was a pleasure performing for you." I spoke softly into the microphone as I placed it back in its hold before turning it off.

Before our short break, I waved to the audience that had dwindled in size. The clock had now reached past midnight; the night was young, but it was a weekday, and most of the people in the room had a job to perform the next morning. But even then, he lingered, much to my dismay.