53

I hear the key turn in the lock and sprint to the front door. He's still on the stoop when I jump in his arms, wrapping myself around him like a koala. He chuckles as he stumbles backward to catch his balance, completely unprepared for this greeting. It may be the news his mom revealed to me or the fact that he's been gone for two days – whatever it is, I am so happy he's home. I lift my head from his shoulder and close my mouth on his, insistent on removing any space between us.

He carries me inside, shutting the door behind him with his foot and, I note, leaving his suitcase outside. He kisses me back fervently, carrying me to the back of the apartment. Instead of going to our room on the left, he takes us into the guest bedroom on the right, collapsing so that we both crash onto the bed.

"I...missed... you... so... much..." I say, as I nip and suck at his neck. My hands push up under his sweatshirt and shove down his track pants, urging him to remove them both. I want us both naked, to feel every part of his body with my own, to not know where mine ends and his begins. This hunger I feel for him is new – and the rational part of my brain snickers "imagine how you'll feel when you move back to New York." I silence it by pushing my tongue into his mouth and helping him take his shirt off.

"I missed you, too," he says, as he stands briefly to remove his pants and boxers. Though initially caught off-guard, I can see his own desire has now caught up to mine. I mirror him, pulling off my tshirt and slipping down my shorts, and then prop my nude horizontal body up on bent elbows, watching as he finishes stripping, a cocky smile on my lips.

Once naked, he returns my smile and crawls up the bed, wedging himself between my legs as he leans down to kiss me again. I inhale his scent that I missed the last two days, and wrap my arms under around his torso, tugging him even closer to me. I taste the cigarettes and mint on his breath; I smell the sweat of travel on his chest; I feel the urgency of his tongue as it explores my mouth – and I revel in all of it. He moves down my neck, planting wet kisses along the way, until he reaches my breasts where he takes my nipple into his mouth, flicking his tongue across it in a way that sets off fireworks inside my body. Yes, this is what I need, what I can't be apart from. I arch my back and grab his hair, pushing him further into me.

"I couldn't stop thinking about this all day," he says before taking my other breast into his mouth. I moan in response – from both the sensation of his teeth on me now and the heat of our FaceTime chat last night.

I feel desire loosen inside me, slick and ready in preparation for him to fill me. He continues moving down along the line that bisects my belly until he reaches my navel. While I would normally welcome this drawn-out attention, right now I just want him inside me. I grip under his shoulders and attempt to pull him up. "Please," I beg, saying nothing else. Somehow he knows what I mean.

He shakes his head. "I need to taste you." With that, he dips his head between my legs and begins lapping his tongue against me, the intensity of which makes me shout his name. God help me.

I feel his tongue brush back and forth across me as his fingers slide inside. "Hero, please..." I grip his velvet head and start writhing underneath him; at this point, I've lost all control. His tongue is buzzing – and each vibration echoes through me like electricity crackling on a power line. He reaches one hand up and skims my nipple with his fingers. It's this combination that does me in. I cry out "oh God" more times than I can count as I shudder underneath his touch, my fingers digging into the bedsheet – an anchor with which to ground all the pleasure that's coursing through me.

Before I can form another thought, I feel him thrust inside me and begin rocking back and forth. Though I'm almost paralyzed after my orgasm, I make sure he feels the same pleasure by digging my nails into his ass and holding on as he drives into me, then I whisper, "I love you, Hero."