Ch. 2 Goodnight, my Heaven, and sweet dreams

After finding out that little Heaven Victoria Donovan is his biological daughter, Matt carefully wrote the baby girl's name on the birth certificate. The male Donovan then puts it away in a secure place, which is his dresser, and in the first one, where he has all of his essential documents such as his passports, his birth certificate, etc. inside. The blonde-haired teenager turns around to see Heaven wide awake in her baby car seat, which got laid on top of his bed. 

" Okay. I have school tomorrow, and I have a feeling Vicki would come by the house early in the morning from wherever she went too-," Matt tells himself while Heaven started to coo at him. 

"-And I can't let you sleep in your car seat for the whole night," Matt worriedly stared at Heaven, who is now slowly stretching her little fingers. 

" Fudge this!" Matt innocently cursed, knowing his daughter is in the room. " I can rebuild my old crib and have it placed in here. That way, you can sleep peacefully in it," The male Donovan smiled. 

" Hey, Sweetheart," Matt calls out to Heaven, which causes her to look at him. " I will be back," The male Donovan gently pinched his daughter's cheek as he lets go, and he turns around to walk out of the room. 

Tears welled up in Heaven's eyes when she sees Matt isn't in front of her. The female Donovan begins to cry, feeling lonely. 

Matt quickly walks up the stairs to the attic when he hears Heaven crying. The male Donovan enters the room, and he turns the light switch on, which causes a bright light to appear in the lamp. The blonde-haired teenager looks at his surroundings, and he smiles when he sees pieces of the white crib against the wall with the mattress beside it. 

" It's been so long since my family last used this crib. It probably got covered in dust by now, and I don't want Heaven to get sick," Matt worriedly tells himself.  

" Wahh!" Heaven's cries get louder, which causes Matt's heart to break a little since he doesn't like to hear his daughter cry. 

" I can buy a new one when I get out of school. I can also call in sick from work for the time being since Heaven is still a baby, and I want to get to know my daughter alot more," Matt tells himself as he walks out of the attic and down the small stairs to the upper floor of the Donovan Family's House. 

Heaven's cries begin to calm down once she sees Matt in her vision. The female Donovan coos when she sees the male Donovan standing in front of her. 

" Sorry, Sweetheart. I am going to let you sleep beside me for tonight," Matt kindly smiled at Heaven. " Tomorrow, when I get out of school, you and I are going shopping," The male Donovan gently tickles the female Donovan's stomach, which causes her to smile. 

Matt turns his gaze to the left as he quietly stares at the clock that's on the wall. The male Donovan's eyes widened in surprise when he sees that it is midnight, Friday, January 23, 2009. 

Matt lightly bites his lips when he sees that he only has six hours of sleep left since school starts at seven in the morning. The blonde-haired teenager turns his gaze back to Heaven, who began to get sleepy. 

" I see you are getting tired," Matt fondly chuckles. 

" Your Mommy-," Matt softly whispers. 

"-Must have put some pajamas in your diaper bag," Matt turns to the right as he grabs the bag from his chair beside his desk, and he opens it to pull out a diaper, baby powder, baby wipes, and an onesie. 

" I don't know what time Elena changed your diaper. So, I am going to change it," Matt puts the diaper bag back on the chair, and he turns his gaze to Heaven. 

Matt lays the stuff on the bed as he carefully pulls Heaven out of her car seat. The male Donovan securely held the infant in his right arm as he gently placed the baby's car seat on the floor by his desk. 

Heaven softly coos as she nuzzled her small, frail body against Matt's chest. 

Matt smiles when he sees Heaven getting comfortable with him. The male Donovan gently puts his daughter on the bed. 

" Okay. I am going to change you now," Matt kindly tells Heaven, who started to kick her little feet. 

Matt takes Heaven's tutu off as he carefully takes his daughter's onesie off since he doesn't want to hurt her by accident. The male Donovan takes the female Donovan's diaper off as he winced a little when he smells an awful scent coming from the infant. 

" Please tell me, you recently pooped, and that's why you were crying," Matt tells Heaven as he rolls up the diaper, and he throws it at the trash can. 

Heaven innocently stares at Matt. 

Matt grabs the baby wipes as he gently wipes Heaven's private area. Once it was clean, the male Donovan gently covered the area with baby powder. The blonde-haired teenager then grabs the clean diaper as he puts it on the infant. 

Heaven starts to cry since she is getting chilly. 

" It's okay. I am almost done," Matt tells Heaven as he grabs the onesie, and he carefully puts it on her. 

" There," Matt smiles at Heaven

" I am going to change into my pajamas," Matt tells Heaven as he walks up to the dresser, and he pulls out his pajamas. 

Matt takes his clothes off as he changed into a black muscle shirt, dark blue boxers, and black basketball shorts. The male Donovan turns around as he walks back to Heaven, who is looking at him from his bed. 

Matt carefully grabs Heaven, and he securely holds her in his arms. " I need to brush my teeth," The male Donovan softly tells his daughter since he is getting tired. " Wait! Do I need to brush your teeth?" The blonde-haired teenager curiously asked the infant. 

Heaven quietly stared at Matt. 

Matt gently facepalmed himself with his left hand since he remembers learning in Health class that babies don't have teeth. 

" I'm stupid. You don't have teeth," Matt mumbles as he leaves the room to walk across the hall to the bathroom. 

Heaven begins to yawn as she nuzzled her head against Matt's chest, and she begins to fall asleep, feeling safe in her father's embrace. 

Matt grabbed a toothbrush and toothpaste with one hand as he carefully holds his daughter in one arm. The male Donovan delicately puts the toothpaste on the toothbrush as he begins to brush his teeth. 

Two minutes later, Matt finished brushing his teeth, and he turns the faucet on as he spits out the toothpaste, and he begins to wash his mouth with the water. Once the male Donovan finished, he turns the sink off, and he steps out of the bathroom. 

Matt walked across the hallway to his room as he tiredly sighed when he sees that it is one o'clock in the morning, which means he only has five hours of sleep left. The male Donovan shook his head as he walks towards his bed, and he carefully lay on it with Heaven on his chest. The blonde-haired teenager leaves one pillow where he will put his head on it while he puts a few beside him in case Heaven rolls to his left in her sleep.  

" Goodnight, my Heaven, and sweet dreams," Matt gently kisses the top of Heaven's head as he slowly closed his eyes, and he falls asleep. 

Heaven coos in her sleep as her small, frail hands tightly grasped Matt's shirt, and she begins to wear a peaceful expression as she goes into dreamland.