Chapter 2 (flashback)

November 6th. My birthday, oh the wonderful day that I turn three years old. Everything was perfect my mommy, my daddy, my grand parents, my family, my brother. I was complete, content, I was set for life.

-

I finish shoving the silver iridescent fork into the pale vanilla cake with colorful frosting and words that looked like scribbles against a canvas. I bring the fork to my small, toddler mouth and put the cake in the cavern and I bite, pulling the fork from between my lips and teeth leaving lines of frosting where the fork had the colorful tasting substance still hidden away frim my little mouth ready to eat away. The spongy texture of the cake mixing with the frosting as my baby teeth grind the soft cake together. I finish the cake and lick my puffy lips after drinking some bitter-sweet lemonade. After opening presents and playing with a couple I hear my mom call my name so I snap my head in her direction.

"Phoenix" her soft, cooed, lullabied tone of voice catches my attention.

"Yes momma" I answer as I sit myself on my legs, as they are folded under me.

"You're going to be a big sister" she had a joyous tone in her voice.

I just tilted my head unknowing of what the dreaded "big sissy" idea was about. Thoughts race through my baby brain as I shrug it off and play around with my brother. His dark black hair, pale skin, hazel eyes, buck teeth. How those familiar Buggs Bunny teeth strung into a heart-melting smile as we played around. I plop a pacifier that I got as a gift in my mouth, chewing on it with my front four teeth making it make a pop and click noise. Just like fingers pecking as the keys of a keyboard, or the pop of a bubble of bubblegum.

I get pried from my brother by my Papa and Grandma and they tickle and kiss me and smother me with affection. I giggled and squealed and just took it all in, just like how my skin absorbs the sunlight to mess with the melanin to make my skin darker then normal, just like magic.

~

_Nine months later_

  "Agh my water just broke!" I hear my mother's voice yell and I just stay playing.

Did she spill water? Did she have a bag of water and it broke? Nobody would ever know.

Momma's tummy was bigger than big and hands would attack me every once in a while from there. I think my mommy is an alien. I snap out of though when my name is brought up and I go to see my mother, she is holding a small, moving, object with blackish hair and a paleish-pink body. I realize its a baby, a little girl as i climb the hospital bed trying to get up, crawling next to my panting and sweating mother. I see the baby everyone is calling Aubrey and I just hope we leave the icky hospital soon, unfond of the alien child, knowing it wouldn't come home with us...

...little did I know. She'd be living with me forever