Chapter 11

My parents owned a book store, and the second floor was where we lived. Will had a key, but so did I; I beat him to the door. I pulled it open and flicked the lights on. We had rows of books lined up towards the back and we had floor-to-wall bookshelves lining the back wall. There was a circular counter to your right when you walked in that had the cash register and basically the reception desk. There were shelves lining every wall, and near the front and in the back we had rugs and chairs where anyone could sit and read something. There was a staircase on the left wall about halfway down the room that led upstairs to where we lived. I loved it here; if someone asked me where my favorite place in the world was it would be here.

Will walked right to the stairs with no regard to nostalgia or anything; I had to hang out down here for a little while. "It's amazing," said Liam.

"My dream come true. Now I just need a fairy godmother," I joked.

"Cinderella in a bookstore except for two things," he said smiling.

"What?"

"A fairy godmother, and the fact that you are so much more beautiful than Cinderella."

That was so sweet! "Thanks. I guess I have my Prince Charming, too," I said smiling.

He walked over to me and said, "I'd like to meet your prince one day."

I giggled. Wow, I actually giggled. That's sad. I smiled and looked up at him; he was standing just a foot away, now. He took one step closer, and pressed his lips against mine. I kissed him back.

I heard a creak at the top of the stairs, and I knew that Will was probably there, but I didn't care. He should know that I have someone else to rely on; I don't need him completely anymore. I love him, but I can fend for myself now. I didn't want him to feel guilty when he went back to live with Elizabeth. My fingers became tangled in Liam's hair, and Liam's hands found my waist. He pulled me close, but I had to pull my head away; I was running out of breath. I leaned my head on his chest, and realized I had forgotten all about Will.

"Do you want to see me room?" I asked quietly.

I felt him laugh. "Sure," he said.

We walked upstairs, and I was thanking God that Will had decided to find some crackers in the cupboard while we were downstairs. He was at the center table in the kitchen. When you came up the stairs, there's a wall on your left and the kitchen on your right. On the other side of the wall is my room, and the first thing you see coming into the kitchen id the fridge, which is right next to you. Then there are cupboards covering the walls, and the counters were white. The top to the stove was white, but the oven part was black. There was a light above the staircase and one directly above the table. When you walk behind the staircase, my room is directly on the right; across from mine is Will's bedroom, and down the hall on the left was my Mom and Dad's. The one across from theirs is the living room where we have a couch and a TV.

I led Liam into my room and sat on my bed. My bed was in the far left corner with the bottom pointed to the stairs and my dresser. I don't have a closet, but I had a desk immediately to the right when you walk in the door. It was covered in notebooks that I love to write poems and stuff in. There was nothing in the corner behind the door (the bottom right corner), but in the other corner (bottom left) I had a doll house that looked like a fairytale castle with one doll. Right now, she had a on my favorite dress (yea, I still play with her – child at heart); it was light blue. It was strapless on top, and at the waist it puffed out to look like Cinderella's dress almost. Her hair was down, and it reached her plastic butt. She was barefoot.

My walls were covered in posters of One Direction. I either had ones of the band or Liam or Niall, and they completely covered my left wall. Mixed with those, I had Plain White T's posters and Hunter Hayes posters. On my back wall, I had a Cinderella tapestry; above my desk, there was a butterfly kite on the wall.

Tada! My roomJ. This was a fairytale. Oh yeah; my sheets were blue. And…

Right after my bed I had a glass door that led out onto a small balcony. That was where I usually went when I couldn't sleep and was thinking of Will. That's why I need a window; cuz I always had fresh air. There was a ladder descending from the balcony that reached all the way to the back ally. I think my parents gave me this room because my brother would use that every chance he got.

"So," I said awkwardly.

"Wow. This is amazing. I see you took a fancy to Niall once," he said with a hint of jealousy in his voice.

"Yeah. I figured if I ever met you guys, he would be like my older brother."

"I like the other posters, too. Hunter Hayes is cool," he said, and I could see the joke in his eyes.

"Thanks." I blushed and looked out the window. He took my hand in his, and I felt his lips brush my forehead. I lump grew in my throat and I realized I was nervous; why was I nervous? I didn't know what I was doing. Liam was my first. Honestly, I'm scared.

"Are you ok?" he asked knowing something was wrong. Man, he's good.

"Yeah, I just need a drink," was my excuse. I walked past him and into the kitchen; I grabbed a glass of water and tried to control my nerves as I drank it leaning on the sink.

It was Will's turn to ask, "Em, are you ok?"

"Yeah. Should we get back to Bella's?" I avoided his question.

"Yeah."

They shot worried glances at each other, and I walked past them downstairs. I walked right to my favorite bookshelf, fantasy, and grabbed my favorite book. It wasn't for sale; it was just the one random book disused like any other book on display. It was mine. It had a faded and ripped leather cover; I must have read it about twenty times. It didn't have many pages, but I loved it like I loved my own life. It was perfect. It had my dream ending. It fit in like any other book because most of the books we sell are really old.

I walked out leaving Will to lock up. I walked to a bench that was outside our little store and sat down. Liam walked over and asked, "Hey, was it something I did?"

"No, not you. You're perfect."

He sat down next to me. "That's not true. Who could possibly be more perfect than you?! Emily, you are the most perfect girl I've ever met." He meant it.

I looked up at him. "Really?"

"Yes, why would I lie to you?"

"You wouldn't but-" I faltered.

"What?"

"Nothing." I stood up as Will walked out of the house. "Let's go."