Chapter 16

Liam pulled me into his lap, and held my head close to him. I knew he was communicating with them somehow by mouthing the words or something. The boys started laughing, and then I heard Niall say, "Wait, I think he's serious." There was silence again, then Liam let my head go. I stayed on his lap anyway. All the guys were looking at Liam in shock. "Liam…?" What did he tell them?

"Sorry, love. Didn't want you to hear that," he said shyly.

"Why?" I asked, still confused.

"Don't worry, it's not about you." I could see a glint in his eyes, so I think he was lying.

"Ok," I said and leaned against him.

The guys had recovered, but Lou was still starring. "Y-you-"

"Yes, Lou," Liam answered quickly.

"B-but what about Danielle? Didn't yo-" he started.

"I don't think so, Lou. Shut up?" I could tell he didn't want me to hear.

The van pulled up outside a little bakery, and the girls pulled me inside. We all bought hot chocolate because it was a little chilly; when we came out, all the guys were around Liam like they were interrogating him.

He must have said something, because I heard Niall shout, "What about her? How does she feel about this?!"

Lou shouted back at him, "Shut up!"

Then I heard Liam say, "I thought I was gonna tell her tonight, but I don't want to rush her into anything. She said something tonight that made me rethink telling her."

"Hey, boys! We're back," Bella interrupted, obviously not wanting to let anything spill.

I looked at Liam in serious confusion as he turned around. "Li, I don't know. She might want to hear it," said Harry.

"Shut up, Harry!" everyone said at the same time except Liam and Lou. Lou, surprised by the outburst, ran over to Harry and shouted in his ear, "It's ok, Hazza! I won't let them be mean to you!"

Everyone started laughing except me and Liam; we were staring at each other. He was scared that I'd heard him; I could see it.

"What are you talking about? Please tell me, Li." I thought I was going to break. After everything that happened, after everything we said, why was he keeping a secret from me? And it's so bad that the boys didn't even know?!

He saw I was about to shatter, and he pulled me over to under the light of the bakery window. He stared at me, then asked out of the blue, "Emily, I have to know something. Do you trust me?"

I hesitate for a minute; after what happened, I wasn't sure. But then I thought of last night and how he's sung to me for three nights strait. Who else I know would ever care enough to do that? I had to trust him; he meant so much to me.

"Yeah," I said.

He smiled gratefully and put out his hand for me to take. After another slight hesitation I'm sure he noticed, I gently placed mine in his. The familiar sensation on sparks came again, and I smiled. I think I love him. Wait, what?! Did I just think that?! I looked up at his face, and then smiled; yes, the boy I've only known for four days had come so close to my heart that I didn't know what I'd do without him.

He led me back to the group, and we all decided to split up. Liam and I walked through the park that was across the street from the bakery, and then he started to lead me off the path. In a matter of a few feet, I could see lights like the ones that were on the bridge; I looked at Liam in confusion but he just smiled. We followed them, and eventually we came to a blanket that had been hung between to branches to block the lights and to prevent anyone from seeing us, I guess. Paparazzi.