Chapter 3

We got to the edge of the forest and we all hopped out of the car. I decided to let my wings out now that we werent in a confined space. The moment i unfurled my wings, i felt content. Ive always liked having my wings out. To feel the wind hitting my wings. (A/N: her wings look like Aziraphale's wings in Good Omens, but more feathery)

"Your wings are stunning, wow, ive never seen anything like them before" the woman said. She couldnt stop staring at my wings. It was really funny to see the way she was staring at my wings.

"You can touch them if you want, just be gentle" I giggled. I never let a lot of people touch them because they're really sensitive.

"They're so soft" she said while stroking my feathers. Her touch was gentle and caring.

While walking through the forest, i kept my wings close to my body to avoid getting them caught in trees. Unfortunately, my wings still managed to knock a few low-lying branches and are now dirty. One of the only disadvantages of having pure white wings, its very obvious when theyre dirty.

"There's my bike" said Ryan, pointing at the airbourne bike.

"Why is it in a tree?"

"We were up top and i chucked it over"

"He gets cross 'coz he cant ride it" said Graham.

"We're giving him lessons," Grace continued, "He's got dyspraxia. Its a coordination disorder"

"Anyway enough about me. The tree's ti the left so it should be..." Ryan trailed off. The big blue pod wasnt there.

"It was defidently there"

"So where's it gone?"

The 6 of us headed back to the car and once more we piled in. With Graces and the womans' help, we got all the big bits out of my wings. I tucked my wings back on my back and got in the car. I sat on the womans lap again. We made our way to Graham and Grace's house and all of us got out if the car besides Yaz.

"Two weird things, one city, same night. Makes me nervous" said the woman.

"I'll see if there's been any more reports on that object"

"Good, because we need all the information we can get. Meet us back here"

"I can have a word with some of my old pals fron work. I mean, if you want to know whats happening, ask a bus driver" Graham offered.

"He always says that"

"Yea, that's because its true. Id still be doing it now if i could"

"I could search for weird stuff on social media"

"And I'll check in with my nurses group in Whatsapp"

"I can put a post up of my mutants Facebook group to see if any of them have seen anything" I offered.

"Seriously though, aliens?"

"Yup"

"Maybe i wont mention that bit"

The woman suddenly becomes really pale and practically doubles over. "Suddenly i feel really tired"

"That was a big fall you had, love. Should get you checked out at A&E"

"No, I never go anywhere that's just initials. Although..." the woman sticks her finger up her nose. "Can one of you catch me?"

"You're going to fall over?" Ryan asks. I unfurl my wings again incase im the one who ends up catching her and need a bit of stability.

"In 2 minutes, 19 seconds. Wait! Forget the 2 minutes. Nineteen... Oh, this new nose is so unreliable" she then slumps back and i catch her in my arms. If i hadnt unfurled my wings, i would have fallen with her.