Chapter Thirteen

My used-to-be friend had her phone on her, and when we were far, far away from the scene, she finally contacted the hospital and made the call quick.

"Hello. Three dead bodies are out of town and in the woods. Also, Ash J. is there and out cold. Bye."

She hung up and put away her cell, and we plopped our bottoms on the sidewalk. Mary Sue wrapped her arms around her legs and rocked back and forth.

"I cannot believe that I did that. I...I killed him. I killed three real worlders..." Her rocking came to a halt. "...and it felt good. So good."

"What do we do now?" I said. "Neither of us can go back home."

"Hmm?" She faced me. "You mean that I can never go back home. I killed them, not you."

"True, but..."

She raised an eyebrow. "What did you do, Ada?"

"I..." My voice shook. "...I murdered a student."

She gasped. "You too?"

"I-it was on accident. I was not planning to. I thought that it was a water gun, not a real one!"

"Just where the heck did you get a gun? Your father has been keeping you distances apart from guns."

"Uh..." I then remembered that I was still clutching the invitation and practically slammed it in her face. Anything to wander her mind from the gun topic. "...take a look at this, Mary Sue."

Mary Sue took it and skimmed through it. "The crub is Shecduke's Comno De Linez?"

"School For Fictional Villains. It is really gibberish."

She kept skimming. "It says that you have been invited to attend a party for fictional villains." She glanced back at me. "Ada, you are not a villain...are you?"

"Pfft! Absolutely not. It is not like that I will become the greatest fictional villain ever. And considering the situation that we are in, we should go to the party. Maybe we could stay there for the time being."

"But we are not villains."

I smirked. "And we will never be."