𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐮𝐝𝐞 !

࿐☆∘◦○✧ ゚ 

࿐☆∘◦○✧ ゚ 

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐗𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐘𝐀'𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐀 𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐅𝐅 𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐏𝐄𝐃, nor was it the day that she came to realize that no matter how much she loved Yelena they could never be together. No, the worst day of Alexandrya's life was they day that Madame B. decided that her skills were not those of a Black Widow, but skills that would start a new era of assassins. The worst day of her life was when she became the first Mockingjay. 

It was a spree of the moment decision on Madame's part, she was responsible for a handful of useless (to a degree) assassins with no place in the world. So, she decided on a cold, winter day that the delinquents would be put to work. Five girls were placed in a grey room, and separated from the rest of the widows. Their lives didn't change much; they were still dancing until their feet bled and fighting to the death. The only difference was that they were given a title change and that twice a day they were injected with a milky grey fluid that burned their lungs.

The number of Mockingjays fluctuated daily; some died in sparing sessions, other dropped dead due to the lethal injections they received daily, and sometimes Madame would bring in new girls to suffer as the Mockingjays did. But Alexandrya's pain ended on a warm September evening in 2009, Cuba, when a mission-gone-wrong gave her a chance to fake her own death.

All went well for her afterwards. She continued her job as an assassin, but never truly returned home. She never once looked back at what she lost, nor did she return when she heard of Yelena's appearance. She stayed dead until May 2nd, 2012; the day that Natasha Romanoff slammed a file on her kitchen table and asked for help.

The file is the only physical copy, she promised, if you help us, even if it only lasts a day, you can have it. I don't care what you do with it afterwards. 

So, Alya, being the oh-so-generous person that she was, helped the Avengers stop the Attack on New York. And on May 5th, 2012, she dropped off the map. She burned the file, changed her name, dyed her hair, and took off to Northern Canada.