With my life

There was a knock on my door as I rolled my eyes in frustration at whoever was interrupting my free time

"Spencer?"

"Hey, Stevie," he pulled me in for a hug. "Wondering if you and Penelope were free today?"

"My mom has her today." I could see the sadness in his eyes. "But I'm free."

"You remember?" He smiled.

"I could never forget."

"Maybe we could also tell my mom."

"I'd love that" I grabbed my jacket and keys off the side table. "Is this a date" I joked.

"Oh, how I missed your ego."

"My ego? Spencer James, you know you got nothing on me."

"Yeah, I am pretty amazing," he joked while opening the car door.

"Shut up" I playfully shoved him, handing him the car keys. "Don't you wanna drive?"

"You trust me?"

"With my life."

✨✨✨

"Stevie, I still can't believe you and this dude got a kid" Spencer and I laughed at coop. She has now repeated that ten times since we told her. "And you don't even look like you had one."

"I do look great, don't I?" I joked, but Spencer's facial expression turned sour.

"You got to be kidding me," he mumbled as we passed the familiar red car. "What is he doing here?"

"Boy, I don't know"  I rolled my eyes as we walked into his house. My heart was beating crazy at what could happen.

"Who is this el Debarge-looking dude?"

"Jordan, what are you doing here, man" Jordan looked up from washing the vegetables, surprisingly I know, and smiled at me.

"Hi baby," he kissed me as coop nudged my side.

"Shut up," I mumbled.

"Jordan was sweet enough to help me out as he waited on you," I notice Grace give me a look, and I'm pretty sure Spencer saw too.

"I don't know that 'help' would be the word I use." Dillon joked, causing me to smile.

"Okay, everybody got jokes today, huh?"

Spencer excused himself and Jordan to talk in the living room, but the kitchen wasn't any better.

"Stevie, you look like you've seen a ghost," Dillon jokes while hugging me.

"I missed you too, D" I hugged him back before he also left.

I looked at coop, who gave me a look, but I tried to ignore it. "If y'all don't talk."