How To Tell Her You Love Her

Recap:

"You... Don't wanna be my best friend?" I gaped, a tear already at the brink of rolling down my cheek.

"No! I- I..." Liam shook his head.

There was a moment of unbearable pause, before he said the words that changed my life.

He opened his mouth and said six simple words.

"Sophie... I think I love you."

---------------------------------------

Those words were just words... Until their massive influence hit me.

Sophie... I think I love you.

The words repeated themselves, echoing in my head.

I opened my mouth but nothing came out. Confused emotions passed through me, drenching my heart in a mix of guilt, confusion, and just plain surprise. Liam? Love me? A plain girl like me? I lifted my gaze to his face, taking in his perfect jaw and cheekbones, paired perfectly with hazel eyes and gold-streaked hair. Perfect...?

And then, I glanced at Jake. Even though I'd only known him for a few hours, he was getting to me. I knew deep inside I was falling for him.

"Liam... I..." I managed to whisper a few words, that I didn't even know I was saying.

"Liam... What... Why... Me?"

Liam smiled at me sorrowfully.

"I'm sorry, Sophie. I can't help it. I know... I know that I'll never be lucky enough to be with you... I should have just kept my mouth shut."

And with that, Liam stood up, gazed at me for one long moment, and left.

The last thing I saw was the tears glistening in his eyes.

Tears? I had never, ever, seen Liam cry. Not over pain, not over a bad grade, not over even his family.

And certainly never for me.

All I could do was gaze after him, guilt stabbing at my heart for not feeling the same way, not running after him and saying I was sorry and begging him to take me.

"Liam..." I murmured sadly.

Liam. Whenever that word had come to mind, just a few minutes ago, I would have thought of my best friend. My bro. My pal.

Now? ...I didn't know.

"What did he say to you?" A voice snapped through my thoughts. Jake.

And then I realized, I was crying.

Jake sat down beside me and hugged me close. For some reason, I didn't pull away. He held me and wiped the tears away.

"Nothing." I said flatly.

"Yeah right."

"Jake... I- I... He told me... That..." I trailed off, my voice catching.

"What did he say?" Jake's voice was now filled with jealousy. Jealousy?

"He. He- told me he loved me." My voice was so quiet that even if the whole world went silent you might not hear it. But Jake heard it all right.

"HE WHAT?!?!"

"You heard me, Jake."

"But... But... I..." Jake was now looking at me with a melagne of jealousy and love and hope on his face.

"I really... Just want to get out of here."

I stood up, slammed my tray, and left the school.

Liam's POV

I should have known. I should have KNOWN. I should have kept my damn mouth shut. Well, at least now I know she doesn't love me back.

I could see it in her eyes, her face. The confusion, the guilt.

I knew the rejection was coming, so I left before she could say it.

Now, I sat in my pickup, driving aimlessly over town, just wanting to get away from it all.

The tears in my eyes stung as they trailed over my cheeks. I had never cried for anyone- except for her.

As if on cue, my old beat up radio, began to play 'The Only Exception' by Paramore.

You... Are, the only exception.

Yeah, you, are, the only exception...

The only girl I ever wanted, and she didn't want me.

Why?

Why was this happening to me?!

I reached the bridge downtown, and got out of my car, even though it was pouring rain.

This was where I had met Sophie. Where my life changed.

Angel Bridge. How apt.

Tears still brimming in my eyes, I felt the cold, unmerciful rain seep through my clothes. The drops masked my tears as I stared down over the edge of the bridge.

Water rushed far, far below. If I jumped, this whole mess would be over. I wouldn't have to worry about anything.

Anyone.

For what seemed like years, I sat there, rain drenching me.

"FUCK IT ALL." I shook my head wildly.

And then, shaking, I jumped onto the side of the bridge, raised one foot out, and prepared for the cold, black, darkness I knew I was about to face.

--------------------------------------

Heyyy people ;)

Sorry about the cliffy :P I just HAD to do it :)

Don't worry, the story doesn't end like this, thank god :)

Haha I'll upload ASAP :)

xoxox

COMMENT PLEEEEASE!!!!