Chapter 2: The Tragic Heir

3rd person's POV
Meanwhile, in the darkness, just as Claire was enjoying her time with her child. Another was losing her time with her child.

"Hawk." The mother said, tired from giving birth. "You may be the next heir to the throne but *huff* I can't be with you for long." The King placed a hand on his wife's shoulder and squeezed it comfortingly. She looked back at him, grateful for his concern.

"You know what we have to do." She said still looking at her husband. The Underworld of Hell was no place for this child, especially with murmurs of a rebellion."

He nodded, then spoke a blessing.
"Rest your soul at ease," he kissed Hawk's forehead
"Please save our child, Destonians from the fate we will face. Bring him to a place where he will be safe."

"We hear and grant you your wish, however, do you realise the pains and sufferings this child will suffer in the overworld?" The Destonians replied.

"Yes, we do." The couple said.
"Very well. This child shall be made immortal and far stronger than any previous heir to the throne. We have awaited this day. Hawk, God of Darkness, Despair and Death. However, this is a God made from a Fallen King. He will face the hardships and destruction of everything and everyone." The Destonians said.

The King and Queen looked at each other and gave one last kiss on the baby's forehead before he faded away. He was transported into some place safe, a place they had arranged with an old friend. Someone was slamming on the door outside the room. The King and Queen clutched each other but their eyes had flames showing their bravery.

The door was smashed open. Splinters flew everywhere.
"We are not here for you. Where is the boy?" Asked a person hidden in the shadows.
"He is out of your reach now. We do not fear death." The royal couple said.
"Then you will die braver than most." He said.

The darkness formed a sword sheathed in shadows. He drew it and blood was shed that day. This was only the beginning of the tragic fate that awaited Hawk.

Second chapter done! So what do you think so far? Leave your comments down in the comments below. This is Agent_I signing out.