Family

It has been a few weeks since the rattlesnake incident and my kiss with Squid. Since then, we've had counseling sessions, some guys coming and going, but our tent has been staying relatively the same.

When I woke up it was still dark outside and I had to go to the bathroom, so I quickly went outside. While walking up to them, I ran into someone and it scared the heck out of me. It was just mom who then screamed, it was so freaking funny. He was wondering what I was doing and that I should get back to my tent. "But Mom, my bladder is going to explode!" I whispered/yelled to him and after that he allowed me to go, but I had to be quick. When I was done he made sure that I was back in my tent and then he went away. I couldn't see much, but I knew my way back to my cot and went back to lay down.

But of course, I wasn't alone. The moment I had the blanket back around me I felt his arms going around me and snuggled happily back into his arms. Things have been good between us and he has honestly been the best. Knowing that I have someone who looks out for me and knowing that he'll always be there has made me a happier person.

But naturally, this had to come to an end when we had to wake up. Everybody in the tent grunted and I believe that I could hear some from the tent next to ours. Trying to get out of bed in the morning has become a bit easier, but also a bit harder. It has been easier to wake up early, but when you have a certain person hanging on your waist and he won't let go, yeah that makes it a bit harder. I chuckle looking down at him while pushing my hair away from my face.

I kiss him on his head and then push him off the bed, resulting in a grunt from him and laughter from me and the others. "Seriously, why do you continue on doing that?" he asked. I laughed and said: "Well if you would wake up on your own then I wouldn't have to push you now would I?" I smirked and he sighed knowing that I was right. He stood up and helped me up while quickly snatching a kiss from me. I didn't mind of course and started walking to the other side of the bed and putting on my clothes.

The guys and I have established a rhythm that they just don't look in the direction of my cot in the morning and at night when they know that I'll get dressed. It's easier that way than to keep saying that they can turn around again.

When everybody was ready, we started walking towards the library. I was in between X-Ray and Squid with Squid's arm around my shoulder. We got our breakfast and walked towards our digging site of the day. All the guys were talking while I was enjoying the walk. I've been here for a while and I have to admit that having a daily routine made me at peace. It was easy. Wake up, have breakfast, dig, have lunch, finish the hole, shower and rest, dinner, hang with the guys, go to bed and snuggle with Squid. I was happy and had a smile on my face while walking. From the corner of my eye, I could see Squid looking down at me and when he saw me smile, his face showed one too. He kissed my head and we both smiled while listening to the guys and walking further.

It was around lunch when we saw the familiar schoolbus ridding towards camp again. In the past few weeks, every tent had gotten 2 extra cots. They never really gave us a reason for it, but we all know it probably is because they would get extra money from the state if there were more kids here.

Our tent still had 1 cot free, the other one got filled by a kid we call Barf bag. I kinda feel bad for him for getting that name honestly, but I can't really do much about it. Once you get a nickname here, it never goes away.

I looked at the bus for a couple more seconds before returning my attention back to my almost finished hole. I saw a shadow going over me and saw Squid sitting on the edge. "You're getting slow Princess." "No, the shovels are growing taller, so I gotta dig more," I said back while placing my hand on my hip. He laughed and let me finish digging so we could return to camp.