TWO

( REUNION )

THEO TIGHTENS HIS grip on his backpack strand as he walks into the high school

"Hey, Theo." Theo turns to see Liam, Mason, Corey, and Nolan. Liam smiles at him. "Scott mentioned you were coming back to school."

Theo shrugs. "He's the one who convinced me to come back."

Liam puts an arm around Theo's shoulders. "Well, I'm glad."

Theo turns to him with a small smile. "Yeah?"

Liam's smile softens. "Yeah."

Mason clears his throats, making the two look at him instead of each other. "Theo, you got your schedule?" At Theo's nod, he holds out his hand. "Let me see." Theo hands him the piece of paper. "Cool. You have bio with me and Liam first period." He gives Theo back his schedule. "Let's go to class."

+++

School was boring. Being a normal kid was boring. Theo was bored. And it was only fourth period. Thankfully, he had lunch next with the "puppy pack" as Stiles liked to call them. Liam hated it, but Theo thought it was pretty accurate.

"Mr. Raeken."

Theo looks up sharply to his English teacher. "Uh, yeah?"

"Are we boring you?"

Yes. "No. No, ma'am."

She sighs, turning to continue her lesson.

Theo almost cheers when the bell rings, racing out of the room to the cafeteria.

+++

Theo sits next to Liam at the cafeteria table.

Liam raises an eyebrow, sensing his discomfort. "How's your first day back going?"

"Boring." He rests his head on his hand. "So boring."

Mason snorts. "School boring."

"My English teacher yelled at me for not paying attention." He's staring off into space. "I can't help it if I don't give a shit about what the fuck the author was trying to say." He knows Liam can smell the irritation and frustration rolling off him in waves.

Liam furrows his brows. "Okay, what's going on? I've never seen you so, emotional."

Theo sits up straight and turns to Liam sharply. "I'm not being emotional."

"For you, you kinda are," Corey admits. "It's kinda nice. Makes you seem human."

Theo crosses his arms and masks his chemosignals.

Liam sighs. "Don't do that."

"Don't do what?"

"Your hiding your chemosignals. You don't have to do that." Liam frowns when Theo doesn't respond. "What's got you so tense anyway? Did something happen?"