The Beach

Percy's POV                We all went our separate ways to change and met back up in the lobby.
I walked into the lobby to find that Loki, Nico, and I are the only ones there. So I walked outside to my Prius and started it.

"Well, get in." I hollered at Loki and Nico. "We can wait for the others in the car."

It didn't take long for the others to walk out to the car they were taking. " Hey, Tony!"Just have your driver follow me." Starting the car, I pulled out and headed east to the outskirts of the city.

While I drove, I turned the radio on. The song that was playing was an old western. One that my mom and her best friend Mandie used to listen to all the time when I was younger. So I turned it up, the song was by the Dixie Chicks, called Traveling Soldier. I started to sing along with it.

When we got to the beach house, I parked under the car port beside the house and got out.

"Ιμ γθινγ το λέτ τηε οτηερσ κνος τηατ της χαν χουμε οωερ." Nico said as he got out and followed me to the door.

"Οκ, σοθνδσ γοοδ." I said, not really paying attention as I stood between the living room and kitchen. Memories flooded my mind of when Mom, Paul, and I visited the beginning of last summer. Before the Second Titan War.

'Perseus!" "Perseus!"Per-

I blinked to see Loki right in front of me. "Uh?" "Did you say something, Lokes?" I asked. Coming out of my memories.

"I asked if you were okay and have been calling your name for 2 minutes." Loki answered, giving me a weird look.

"Lokes?" "What's with that?"Is it a nickname?"Or is he making fun of me?" I heard Loki asking himself. I decided to leave him to his thoughts.

"Hey, Percy?!" Uncle Tony exclaimed from the living room. "Are there pictures of you as a baby?"

"Yes, there are." I said. Grabbing the photo album off the bookcase by the fireplace. I sat down on the couch beside Loki and Tony to my other side. While everyone else gathered around.

Opening the photo album, the first picture was of me and my mom at the aquarium. "I was four when that was taken. Mom was off work that day, and she'd been saving up to take me to the aquarium for months."

My mom married Gabe when I was a baby. But he hated me and I didn't know why she married him. At least she didn't tell me until I was 12. She would never admit it, but I know he was abusing her as well."

"Wait?"You're telling me that you and Sally were being abused, and she just stayed?" Tony asked.

"Yea. I don't like talking about it." I mumbled as I turned the page.

"Aww!"Weren't you a cutie!" Natalie exclaimed.

"Thanks." I said. "That was my first day of kindergarten. I think mom was more excited than I was."

I flip the page to a picture of my mom and I standing in front of the twin towers.

"That was a good day.  Mom had been saving up for tickets to the aquarium. We stopped on the way to take this picture. I'm glad we did cause a year later,the towers were gone."