Happy 1-Year Engagement Bash

***QUICK EDIT**** So I decided not to marry off Rudra and Ananya yet!! So now they'll still be engaged! In this story, Rudra decides to postpone the wedding 6 months, until they find Rishi's killer. So hence, Ananya and Rudra have been engaged for a year, as they've been working on finding Rishi's killer. Their families wanted to celebrate this, so here we are. I apologize for any inconveniences <3 Hope you enjoy my story still <3

On the night of their first year engagement anniversary party, Ananya lovingly stared at her fiance, Rudra, as they danced to the beautiful romantic number, Sun Saathiya. Rudra stared back lovingly as well, obviously imagining Maya.

The naive Ananya grew shocked, and internally squealed in happiness, that finally, after such a long time, Rudra genuinely smiled at her. Just as the dance was about to end, Rudra lifted her figure effortlessly in a triumphant hold, and spun her around until they got dizzy.

Finally, he put Ananya down, and they both took a bow in front of the audience. The audience went wild, screamed, and hooted for the couple as the latter smiled down at them from the stage.

"Well done, beta!!" Antara cheered, and winked at Rudra, as she wrapped her arms around her husband, Mrityunjay, from the side. Mrityunjay also clapped and raised a toast through his glass of wine to him, not really paying attention to his wife. Diya wore an expression of jealousy at the camaraderie. Rudra smiled at his mom, but coldly disregarded his father. 

Just then, reality hit Rudra as he realized that it wasn't Maya, but Ananya dancing with him. He grimaced internally in frustration and sadness. To everyone on the outside, he and Ananya were the IT COUPLE. The POWER COUPLE, or whatever that marketing gimmick was called. In the view of outsiders, they had the perfect love story; childhood best friends-turned-soulmates, living up to the perfect image of the ideal marriage. 

This marketing gimmick helped their shared company, RUAN Publications become the most sought after Publication House, and represented the opposite of Rudra and Ananya as a couple.

However, only the Roy family members knew the reality of what actually transpired within the four walls of their bedroom.

Rudra reminded himself to focus, and as if right on cue, one of the waiters came to offer him and Ananya small goblets of wine. They willingly accepted them. "First of all, I'd like to raise a toast to the 2 most important people in my life. Number one, the love of my life, and my wife, M- Ananya!" the audience roared. "And second, my gorgeous Mom!"

"AWH, so sweet," Ananya adorably pinched Rudra's cheeks, and the crowd, "AWW"'d.

Antara genuinely smiled at her son, but comforted her husband, noticing his disappointed expression. Diya continued her fake smiles and disgusted looks.

"Also, Rish, I miss you too very much brother," Rudra stared up into the sky nostalgically, remembering his younger brother. Ananya nodded in agreement and held her drink up to the sky as well. "Me too, Rishi."

"All right, let's celebrate again!!" Rudra announced and the dance floor became open! 

During the dance session, Aamir came up to Rudra and smirked at him, "Lagta hai lipstick ke nishaan tere shirt pe hai..."

Rudra looked down in embarrassment, and sheepishly thanked Ananya, for which Ananya adorably gave him another lipstick mark on his chest. Rudra growled in frustration inwardly.

All the guests began to dance, and suddenly, Rudra jerked Ananya's arm forcefully, and dragged her back inside the Roy mansion.

LOOKS LIKE THE PARTY WAS OVER FOR THEM.

**************************A/N**********************

Uh-oh, cliffhanger....what is Rudra going to say to Ananya??? 

Let me know what you think, my lovely readers <3 I'm really excited to take this story forward! Honest feedback is welcome!