Four Years Later

Time skip to four years later

Bobby’s P.O.V.

I slipped my hand into my pocket, felt the tiny black box and breathed a sigh of relief. ‘Today is going to be perfect. It has to be.’ I thought to myself.

I walked downstairs said goodbye to Mother, Father and my seven-year-old brother. Then I went over to Martha’s house Mrs. Rivers answered the door and told me to wait in the hallway whilst she went to go get Martha. Five minutes later Martha walked down the stairs wearing a light blueish, greyish, greenish dress (), small white flats and the blue necklace I gave to her four years ago.

“Where are we going Bobby?” Martha asked.

“Not telling.” I teased grabbing her coat for her.

“I’ll have you know that I am perfectly capable of grabbing a coat.” She said as she kissed her Mother goodbye.

“Tell me now Mr. Bobby Winters.” She pleaded.

I shook my head and opened the door for her. We were greeted by a friendly blast spring air as we stepped onto the street. Over the last four years Martha hadn’t changed much apart from that she stopped calling Mrs. Rivers New Mama. A negative change that I saw is that after Mr. Rivers died she didn’t smile or laugh anymore but then that got better and after her Aunt married her kidnapper she was really quiet all the time but then she became the loud, happy, careless person who I love.

“Where we going Bobby.” Martha asked shoving her gloves into the coat pockets.

“The more you ask the more I’m going to drag out the suspense.” I teased playfully.

That shut her up and we walked in complete silence to the café.

******         

I pulled a chair out from under the table and waited for Martha to sit down. Then I went to my chair opposite her and opened the menu.

“What do you want love?” I asked.

“Tea please.” Martha said putting a curtain of hair in front of her face.

“What would you two like today?” A waiter asked false kindness layering his voice.

“Tea please sir.” Martha spoke quietly from behind her hair.

“Not a problem ma’am.” The waiter said walking away.

“You went really shy, what happened.” I asked, curious as to how she could change moods so fast.

“I don’t like meeting new people unless someone I know and love knows them.” She explained fiddling with her hands.

“Oh well.” I shrugged my shoulders.

Martha giggled and we spoke like normal for five minutes when our tea arrived. I watched in silence as Martha poured me a cup of peppermint tea then pull a light blue ribbon out of her pocket and tie her hair up with it. She took a sip, pulled a face and swallowed.

“Hot, hot, hot.” She panted frantically fanning her mouth.

All I did was laugh. Some person I am, she glared at me, I shrugged my shoulders and took a massive gulp. ‘Damn it she wasn’t joking it is actually really hot.’ I very rudely spat the tea back into the cup and started taking big gulps of air. The whole time Martha was stifling laughter. I looked around at the tables who where staring at us like we were the weirdest people they have ever seen which is probably true. After letting the tea cool down considerably we poured a fresh cup each and taking a sip. The waiter came back.