Your hand

Resa POV

Cassius looked over me once, and then again silent yet his eyes aggressively looked me over as he seemed to ponder something. Without many words he gathered his things and we prepared to leave. Outside the inn he continued his staring, his gaze noticeably lingering on my face.
"Have I sprouted another head."I asked him unnerved.

"I was going to ask myself the same question."

"Are you leaving now?" I ask trying to keep my face impassive.

"Will you miss me if I am?" He smirked, no doubt watching a blush creep up her cheeks.

"I haven't decided. Will you walk me home?"

"I'd intended to do no less. After you." He gestured to his steed, Sir.

With the hand he offered me,I mounted Sir and he followed me, his arm casually around me to hold the reigns. We made the too short trek to my families little cottage at the end of the village. With a sweep of the leg I was off of Sir and giving Cassius one last look.

"I'll wait." He said simply but I knew exactly what he meant.

"Thank you." I couldn't stop the small smile that settled on my lips as I walked up to the door.

The door swung open before I could touch it and Frea clicked her tongue from behind my father his eyes going wide at the sight of Cassius behind me.
He snatched my arm yanking me through the threshold and shutting the door behind him.

"Just like her mother." Frea remarked and my father turned on me.

"First you steal, and then you cause a commotion at the pub, and now the whole village is talking about how you were carried off by some man. I wouldn't believe them but I've seen it with my own eyes. You didn't return last night and you've come back riding on the horse of some stranger. I didn't raise you to be a whore. Who'll want to marry you now, you've sullied yourself."

"You won't even let me speak, let alone believe me."

"What can you say we seen it all." Frea snorted.She was never very forgiving, let alone motherly.I'm sure the only value I ever held to her was my bride price.

"I was attacked and Cassius saved me. Nothing else happened. I slept through the entire night." I argued uselessly.

"Look how fondly she calls him. How do you know he wouldn't take advantage of you while you slept."

"Unlike you he doesn't seduce people when they're drunk or unconscious." I snapped expecting the slap that Frea landed across my already bruised cheek.

"Leave. I won't raise a disrespectful whore." She sneered and my father held my eyes firm not saying another word. He never would disagree with Frea, especially not when it came to me. I wasn't sure if he felt like women knew best when it came to daughters, or if he felt guilty I was a child from his previous marriage. Not allowing the tears to fall in front of them I left through the back heading to the shed. I gather my few belongings, my mother's blanket, underclothes, her dagger and medicine book, and the cloak she left me. When I turned to leave, Peter was behind me eyeing the bag in my hand.

"You're leaving." He said and I nodded.

"Good. You were too good for this place any way." He smiled.

"Come visit me when I've settled."

"Where are you going?"

"Probably the next town."

"Don't look back." He said and I hugged him, a final goodbye. We'd spent 14 years together and despite his mother, I loved my brother. And even though he and my father shared the same name and likeness, he would be more of a man than my father ever was.

"Until next time Peter."