Chapter 2

"Lose a bet with your hairdresser?" Dad asked Cassie as we walked out of the elevator.

"I like color." She replies, turning into a corner.

We were now walking through an area where people were handling fish and people were buying fish.

We then sat at a table next to a small market.

"First things first. I know you guys are a 2nd generation mover." Cassie said as she was fixing her hair.

"Is that what the kids are calling it these days?"

"I'll let you know where I see one." She replied, putting her hair up in a ponytail.

"You guys don't really use your powers, which means you guys haven't practiced so you kind of suck at it. How am I doing so far?" Cassie asked.

"Go on."

"I'm a watcher. 2nd generation, like you guys." She said, crossing her arms on the table.

"Wow, that's..."

"Complicated. Cause the future can change just by talking about it. So I see glimpses and I draw it in my book. But I'm not really good at it. I'm a crappy artist, but I'm sure you guys already knew that." She said, looking at both of us.

"But I got the sniffs from your apartment right. That's why I brought you guys a new toothbrush." She said as Dad spoke to the people who were cooking the food in Cantonese.

"You speak Chinese?"

"Y/n and I both speak Cantonese. I'm surprised you didn't know that, being a watcher." Dad said as we both broke our chopsticks in half, making it 2 pieces instead of one.

"I get things wrong sometimes."

"I know the feeling." Dad said as he looked off into the distance.

"Are you worried about the thugs you owe money to? Don't." Cassie said as they start to bring us or food.

"Thank you. We'll be able to take care of it in a couple of days." She said as she started to eat her noodles.

"With your $6 million."

"Mmm-hmm."

"Where's the money?"

"It's on its way here. With a girl." She said, still eating her noodles.

"Don't tell me. The same girl Division sniffs are looking for." He says as Cassie nods her head in agreement.

"It's Cassie, right? Enjoy your food. Let's go, Y/n." He said as he got up from the table, walking off with me following him.

"That's it?"

"That's it. Sorry. Some 12 yr old that knew we needed a new toothbrush isn't enough to get me involved with Division. Even if it's not a con."

"I'm 13. And I've been told that I look at least 14."

"Right."

"And this is not a con. This is a way for everyone to get something they want."

"I've actually used that line before."

"Fine. Don't believe me. But you will help me."

"Really? Cause I'm getting a message. It's telling me, 'Find somebody else.'" Dad said, putting his fingers to his temples acting like he's getting a message.

"If we don't find the case and that girl, really bad things happen, Nick." She said as she stopped and put her hands to her head.

"Dad. What's happening to her?" I ask as he shakes his head.

"I don't know. What? What's wrong?"

"Shit. They're here in the market." She said as she starts to run ahead of us.

"What? Who? Who? Division?" Dad asked as he walked off grabbing my hand.

"Bleeders! We got to get out of here!" Cassie said as we all start to run.

TIME SKIP

We start to run but we were now blocked by an old guy and a girl with a lollipop in her mouth.

We turn around to only see more of them.

Dad pushes me behind him protectively.

"How does this end?" He asks Cassie.

"No idea."

"Where is the girl?" The old guy asked as he walked forward.

"My daughter had already seen you with her."

"Told you." Cassie told him.

"Look, I told 3 people today. I don't know this girl." Dad exclaimed as the woman with the lollipop pulled out a gun and pointed at Cassie.

"You stupid child. I already saw how you die." She said with a smirk.

"Then you know it's not here and it's not today." Cassie said before grabbing the gun behind Dad's back and throwing it at her, making glass shatter everywhere.

"Hey, woah! Woah! Woah!" Dad exclaimed, holding a hand out as the force from his hands push the old guy and one of his men into the sink, making water fall everywhere.

"See?" Cassie said as everything turned into chaos.

"Go! Go! Go!" Dad yelled as he lightly pushed us as we started to run.

Just then we hear a high pitched scream as everything around us shatters, making us run faster and cover our ears.

Dad then pushed a knife towards the guy, making it only fall on the floor next to him.

Cassie and I then cross paths with another bleeder.

"Go! Go!" Dad said as we went the other way before pushing us the other way as the bleeder takes off his glasses and starts to scream.

The lady then pops up and points a gun towards us, making us go the other direction.

We start to run but stopped in front of the glass tanks.

The bleeders scream, making the 3 of us fall as the water breaks out.

It then started to separate all of us.

The guys walk up to us and start to scream in front of Dad making us cover our ears.

"Stop! Stop!"

"Dad!" I yell before focusing my attention on the guy, trying to move him away from Dad with my mind.

"Y/n! Cassie!" Dad yells as he rolls around on the ground next him, covering his ears.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath, before opening them again.

Before I knew it, Dad makes eye contact with me and shakes his head already knowing what I was about to do before holding out his hand and pushing Cassie and I away.

We both stood up and looked at his direction.

I was about to step forward but Cassie stopped me.

"Y/n! Come on! We got to go!" She begged as she grabbed my arm and dragged me away.