Chapter 4

We stop at the place where Dad mentioned when Dad started to speak.

"Yeah, this it is. Hey, can you... I just... I don't have any..." Dad called to Cassie who was about to leave.

"Yeah, sure. I got it." She said, handing the driver the money.

We walk into the bar where Dad started to ask how much money Cassie has.

"How much do you have?"

"Don't give him all that."

"It's not enough."

"It's enough."

"It's not gonna be enough. Just gimme the..."

Just then, we were blocked by a man in a suit.

"Excuse me, Sir?"

"Hey, we need 5 minutes. Now listen, this is a place for grown-up, so behave yourself." Dad said to the guy in the suit.

"Why don't you tell Y/n that as well?" Cassie asked, mentioning me.

"Because she already knows."

"Yeah, just shut up."

TIME SKIP

"Think I know why we are here." Dad said as he walked towards a light skinned man in a suit, showing an Asian lady card tricks.

"You've got good hands." Dad said to Hook.

"Nick! Y/n! You all right?"

"Yeah. We're good."

"What's going on? Sit down." Hook said as we all sat down.

"I know who you are." Hook said to Cassie.

"When I was in Division, her mother was at the top of every watch list there was."

"You worked for Division?" Cassie asked as Hook passed back Cassie's drawings to her.

"You want to know about Division? Ten years. No thank you, no pension. I was put out on the street with a threat to not shift again. Only the sniffs caught up with me in Chicago. I was just trying to buy something nice for my wife. Next day I get a call, she's dead. Car accident. But my wife doesn't drive. But I don't have to remind you how that feels, right?"

Dad then pointed to the bead in Cassie's drawing.

"We need this."

"An olive?"

"It's a bead." Cassie said, trying not to make eye contact with Dad.

"It's supposed to lead us to someone we need to find before Division does." Dad said, before Hook stopped the lady walking by and went to her ear before taking out a dollar and placing it on Cassie's hand.

He then waved his hand over hers and the dollar became the bead.

"Is that it?"

"Its a little more round and shinier. That's it. That's just how I saw it." Cassie said as she held the bead to her drawing.

"It won't last long. I'd take it to Emily Hu. She's an expert sniff. Only works by referral. Here's her address." Hook said to Dad before they shook hands.

"Thank you, Hook." Dad said as he shook hands with him and we all left the building.

TIME SKIP

We were now in front of a black door that was supposed to belong to Emily Hu.

The door opened, revealing a young Asian woman.

"May I help you?" She asked, giving us a confused look.

"Hook Waters sent us." Dad replied, as the woman gave us a look before letting us in and letting us sit down.

"A bead that looks like this one is supposed to lead us to a girl." Dad said, showing the lady the bead.

The lady sighed before sitting down in front of us.

"You with Division?"

"Are you looking at us?" Cassie asked, confused.

"The truth is, the girl who dropped that bead is supposed to have a suitcase that will bring down Division." Dad explained to her as she just gave us an annoyed sigh.

"Cassie here thinks that if we don't find it, we die."

"And you believe her?" The lady asked, snickering.

"She's pretty convincing." Dad said with a sigh.

"Well, consider me unconvinced." The lady said with a smile before Cassie touched Dad's arm and began to draw on her board.

"Well, looks like we've just got to wait."

"For what?"

"You have about one minute to help us." Cassie told her, showing her drawing.

"And whats that?"

"That's your poster."

"That's the bead." Cassie said, pointing to the dot in the middle.

"That's the clock. It's about 8:47."

"You got about a minute." Cassie said as the lady just chuckled.

"You guys can't be serious."

"Don't look at me. This girl's been going at it with that pen all day. Everything that ends up on this pad seems to be coming true." Dad said with a chuckle, putting his hands up in surrender.

"I just see it like I'm looking at a photograph."

Just then, the clock strikes 8:48, making Cassie chuckle.

"Look, we want Division out of Hong Kong just as much as you do. It's going to be a whole lot easier f you help us find the girl." Dad said, before she starts to speak in Cantonese.

"Fine." She said, throwing her gloves on the table.

"They've been spreading these all over the city." She opens up the bag and starts to sniff it.

"You'll find who you're looking for on Kwun Tong Pier."

TIME SKIP

We were now on the pier looking for the girl but couldn't find her anywhere.

Just then, we hear gunshots as Dad and I cower down in defense.

"Woah! Woah! Kira?" Dad asked as he looked at the owner of the shooter.

Then a car drove off, making her throw her hand up in annoyance.

"Damn it! There goes my ride!"

"What the hell are you doing here?" Dad asked as he walks up to her with me following her.

She then holds up her gun, making Dad and I put our hands up in surrender.

"Don't."

"Don't? Don't what? You're the girl everyone's looking for?" Dad asked as she puts her gun away and starts to walk off.

"I should kill you, Nick."

"You know this psycho?" Cassie asked, following us.

"What happened to you?" Dad asked as we continued to follow her.

"Now you want to know?"

"What is that supposed to mean? I thought you left. You stopped returning my calls." Dad exclaimed as Kira now turned towards us.

"Division caught me and locked me up."

"What?"

"And you never came."

"I looked for you. I did! Ask Y/n!"

"You didn't find me." She said, stopping in her tracks.

"Done! Whatever, you had a thing. Get over it. I really suggest we discuss this somewhere else. Let's go, Y/n and Nick." Cassie said, motioning Dad and I to follow her.