Chapter 1

I was on the breakfast table with a bowl of cereal in front of me and a bottle of milk.

I look down at my bowl to see just a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios but without milk.

I take a deep breath and look at the milk. I pay my full attention to the milk and try to move it but it wouldn't work. I did it again but this time I squint my eyes and focus on just the milk.

I then see the milk get picked up out of thin air and see it move to my bowl, pouring milk in. I smile in victory and grab the milk, putting the milk down on the table.

I then hear voices on the other side of the door. It sounds like my dad and 2 other guys.

"You gonna invite us in or are we gonna have to be rude?" An unfamiliar voice said through the other side of the door.

The door opens, Dad walking in as he throws the house keys on the table. 2 other guys walks in behind him and looks around the room.

"Smart move, living in a shithole like this."

"One on top of the other. Took you and your daughter far off the radar."

"Not far enough." Dad says, wiping his hands with a hand towel.

Then the bald guy pick up an object from the living room and sniffs it.

"Would you believe this is how we found you guys?" The guy with a mustache says, holding up a folded piece of paper.

"From your old toothbrush from that encounter 10 yrs ago. Barely a scent left. Thought you were in Tokyo. Then Malaysia."  The mustache guy said, running his fingers across the table and then entering another room.

"Finally we got a few readings on some buildings. There's a lot of runaway psychics in Hong Kong trying to disappear, Nick. People with no country, no loyalty... no desire to get involved in political bullshit." He then grabs a cup off the table and starts to run his finger around it as his eyes roll to the back of his head.

"Nobody but you and your daughter in this apartment, for a long time, Nick."

"Why? You looking for someone besides us?" Dad asks, resting his arm on the shelf, drinking a bottle of water.

"A girl. She has something that belongs to us. Better than a hunch you know her." The guy said as Dad spits out the water in the sink.

"Obviously I don't."

"We are also looking for people who have more than one ability." The bald guy said as he glances towards us as if he knew I was one of them.

Dad then gave mea side glanace before glancing back to the guys.

"In case we get a hold of you guys again." The bald guy said as he comes out of our bathroom holding up a bag of our toothbrushes.

"We've got some old toilet paper you boys might like more."

"Don't bother running, Nick. We know where you guys are now." The mustache guy said as they both walk out the door.

When the door shuts, Dad runs up to the door and looks through the keyhole.

"Shit." He mumbled before running into one of our rooms.

"What's wrong, Dad?" I ask as I follow him into a room.

"Y/n. I want you to start packing now." He tells me as I nod my head and run to my room to start packing.

After I was done packing, I walk out to see Dad levitating a gun in mid air before the phone rings, making him drop the gun but caught it before it touched the ground.

He answers the phone and holds it next to his ear.

"Yeah?"

"Who is this?" He asks, as the door starts to knock.

He walks to the door and looks through the keyhole, the gun in his right hand.

He clicks the gun and opens the door, aiming the gun to the person's head.

It was a girl around my age with blonde hair and some highlights, holding a phone up to her ear.

"Put that thing away. Got you something for you and Y/n." She says, walking in as she holds up 2 toothbrushes.

The girl walks to our fridge and pulls out a box of eaten chicken.

Dad closes the door and walks to the girl, stopping her in her tracks.

"Hey, whoa, whoa, whoa! Excuse me?" Dad asks, taking away the chicken.

"Is this how you treat your guests?" She asks, offended.

"This is how I treat random strangers who barge into our apartment." Dad says, putting the chicken back into the fridge.

"Like the Division sniffers who were just here?"

"Who are you?" Dad asks, closing the fridge. 

"I'm Cassie. I'm here to help you and your daughter." She says, holding up a hand for him to shake.

"Listen, Cassie, I'm sure your mom and dad are nervous about you right now. So why don't you..." Dad starts, grabbing her arm and leading her to the door that he opened but she closes it.

"You don't understand."

"You got that right." He replied, opening the door but she closes it back.

"This is about us finding $6 million." She says, taking something out of her bag as she pulls out a small chalkboard with drawings on it.

"That's us. And that's our money."

"And that's our toothbrush." Dad said, holding our toothbrush.

"You're a watcher." Dad said, looking at her as she smiles.

"Yep. And I know you and Y/n are pushers but I also know that Y/n has more than one special ability. Am I right?" She asks, looking at me with a smile.

"How do you know that?" He asks, giving Cassie a weird look.

"The Division is also looking for something else. They're after people who have more than one ability."

"Your daughter." She said as Dad gives me a look.

"But they don't know that she has more than one ability. That's why I'm here to help you guys." She said, looking between us back and fourth.

"So is there a place we can get something to eat besides chicken?" She asks Dad as he throws our toothbrushes on the table.

"I'm buying." She said, holding up a wad of cash before opening the door and heading out.

Dad gives me a look before I give him a shrug of my shoulders.

"Don't look at me." I told him, getting up from the chair and walking out the door, following Cassie.