twenty-one

twenny one lmao

calum

Spending my birthday on the stairway of Rose's house while hearing record players playing through the wall was not how I expected to celebrate my birthday. Thankfully, Michael and Alice both remembered my birthday by making me breakfast and giving me presents (it was kind of awkward since Michael was still acting like an asshole). And right after, my girlfriend came to visit me only to drag me all the way to her best friend's house.

"I don't hear crying." Belle frowned, inching closer and closer to the door. Her bangs were pinned up with her curled hair merely brushing past me.

"Then just open the door." I shrugged, getting irritated on how overly important Belle exaggerated this situation to be. Belle nodded, bringing her knuckles to the door as she lightly tapped it. The humming of the record player lowered, the floorboard creaking to the footsteps. The door creaked and opened slightly.

"What do you want?" Belle gasped at Rose's appearance, probably expecting her to look like an absolute mess. Rose's hair was pinned up in a bun, a strand of curl framing her face. She leaned against the door frame with a cigarette between her fingers.

"Rose what on earth happened to you?" Belle cupped Rose's face, only to have Rose turn away. Blowing smoke out of her lips, Rose adjusted the black lace dress that flowed mid-thigh. "Don't tell me that what happened with Ashton made you change this easily. You aren't weak, are you?"

"If you've come here only to abuse me with your worrisome remarks, I suggest you leave. I don't have time for that shit." Rose spat out, rolling her eyes while taking another drag.

"Why are you doing this then?" Belle stuttered as she took a step away from Rose. The smoke caused Belle to cough a little as it was visible under the sunlight seeping from the window.

"You know, he always hated the way I put myself to be in society." Rose sighed, twisting a ring around her finger.

"Rose, Ashton shouldn't matter to you anymore. He hurt you badly-"

"That's not what I am talking about," Rose snapped clearly irritated about the accusations Belle was doing. Not that I would blame her, Belle did have a tendency to think that she knew all the stresses people were going through.

"I'm done with trying to be the perfect girl everyone expects me to be. Do you think it's easy, Belle? Do you think I like to get constantly compared to you because you are the ideal example of perfection-"

"You know that isn't true, Rose. Stop trying to be a stereotypical heartbroken girl, will you? Just because he doesn't love you, doesn't mean you can go and act like this." Belle slapped the cigarette out of Rose's hand (she really wasn't thinking about the consequences).

"Oh of course you would know what a heartbroken girl is. I mean, your mother is the perfect example of a girl who loves someone that doesn't love her back," Rose spat, pulling out another cigarette from her box on her vintage vanity.

"Don't you dare talk about my mother like that." Belle pointed a finger, her voice sharp against the tense atmosphere.

"Then what do you want to talk about, Belle? About how you suddenly fall in love with a bad boy who changed for you and think that you are living the perfect life? Just a reminder Rivers, not everyone is as happy as you are." Shifting my feet, I awkwardly lean against the doorframe knowing that I am thankfully invisible at the moment.

"You know damn well that I am not a happy person." Belle's voice shook as she took a few steps away from Rose. Creeping a few inches close to Belle's face, Rose smirked. "Rose, please don't be this person again."