Chapter 17

The words I've been waiting to hear from him finally came to my ears. I want to shout out with joy as the word 'I love you' came out from his heavenly lips.

We rest our forehead to each others. If I can just stay like this forever. But I can't.

"Don't ever leave me again like that" he softly said.

If I have a choice to stay with you.

But instead, I just nodded as an answer to him. A nod is enough at the moment because I am not ready to break both our hearts so fast.

He holds my hand until we got into the bonfire. The smile on his face is now back, wider.

"Let's play spin the bottle!" Richard suggested.

"That's fine with me" I seconded.

Everyone cheers as Rich placed the bottle of gin in the middle.

"Do the honor to spin it Jenna" he said.

The first spin ended up pointing into Christopher and Erick who is beside me.

Chris started off to laugh before he ask if he wants truth or the very hard dare. Erick, being the strong and brave he is, he picked dare.

"I dare you to.... dance without music!"

"WHAT?" His hands are both on his hips and his head are going to pop out soon. We can't help but to laugh at his response but of course, at the end, he still do it. Well he is not that bad for a dancer, he got the moves.

Celia then spin the bottle, making it stop to me and Zabdiel.

"Truth or dare?" I playfully ask.

"Truth" I can see the nervousness in his voice as he answered me.

"Okay.... would you rather run naked or run covered with pee?"

The crowd busted off laughing so hard. Both Celia and Chris are laughing their ass out which I am very sure that their stomach hurts by now.

He struggled answering my question so I repeat my question.

"Okay! You're the winner! I'd rather run naked than run with pee all over my body" his face is red by now and is trying to look away from all of us because of his embarrassment.

=

The moon is now ruling the beautiful site here. The cold wind blew even stronger but I have decided to walk along the beachside, trying to unwind and appreciate the fun trip.

They are all now asleep, I think. Celia is snoring loudly on our tent making sure to defeat the one snoring at the other tents. Joel's kiss on my forehead before we head to our separate tents are still lingering. I look like a fool by now because I am smiling alone so wide.

While I am walking, I saw a figure of a man sitting on one of the rocks at the end of the shoreline. I'm surprised that it is Erick who is sitting there. His beautiful silky hair are playing around together with the wind, his green eyes are twinkling and mirroring the moon from above.

"Why are you here at the middle of the night?" I can't help but to ask. He shifted his gaze into me, clearly surprised like me.

"I can ask you the same question" he chuckles softly.

"Can I sit there?" I said pointing my tiny little finger on the rock beside him.

"Yeah of course. This place is not even mine so I have no rights to say no"

His eyes are so gorgeous.

"Oh. I thought it is one of yours. Because you look like hell of a billionaire or one of the rich family dukes" I joke.

"Nice attempt to joke Jenna. But literally, this is owned by Joel's family. They are also rich. Filthy rich because of his father Senator Joseph Pimentel" he stated.

"I didn't know he have a father like Senator Joph. I do have a father in the senate also and I am kinda close to Senator Joph but I didn't knew that he have a son"

Senator Joseph or Joph is one of the best senators that I have met when my father let us visit the senate house with my sister. He is kind and strong. He even gave us lollipops of all size and flavors.

The silence rules us for the next minutes. Only the sound of the waves crashing down the ocean and the whistling wind are present. It is not really an awkward moment but I found myself enjoying the silence that is surrounding us because for one's, this silence is making myself not to overthink.

"You look sad" I said, taking a look at his features again. His eyes is happy awhile ago but I noticed that he forgot about it for a day like me.

"I can say the same for you"

God. We are always the same.

"But really, if you need someone to talk to about your problems, I guess you should consider me as one from now on if you want to" I added. It's real what I said. I have enough drama from myself which Celia always try to take off but I guess it's time for me to do the same for someone also.

I can hear the hesitation in his voice as he take a long deep breathe. It must've been hard for him to share a story to someone which I can relate into.

"It's just... a really big problem shaken my whole life. Do you really believe into loving someone even if you don't want to and even you haven't meet in real life? As in no clues or what?" He finally gives in and is trying to make it step by step.

Same. I can feel you Erick.

Running my fingers into my hair gives strength to my throat to continue.

"Same. Even though you really want to do something to even stop it, we can't. Because it is what the universe have for us. It's their plan"

"You sounded so much like my mother when you talk about universe" he lightly chuckle which I found amusing.

"Seriously. We don't have a choice. Maybe for some people they do have. But let's wait if yours and mines are one of those lucky people to be granted by a lifetime happiness and freedom everyone desires

It is so hard for me to fall into someone when they have someone already for me. I don't know how to tell him. Because I'm sure I'll break not just his heart, but also mines" I huffs.

"Joel?" He asked, "obviously" he rolls his eyes to his response to me awhile ago.

"Yes" I shortly answered. I can already feel the tears slowly saying hi to the windows of my eyes but thank the wind for a wonderful job to lessen the phase of it.

I found myself leaning onto his shoulders. He let me. That's when the tears finally settled free from the walls I made so weakly.

"It's okay to cry. Cry it all out. I can feel you. I really do. If you need to shout, then do it. No one will stop you. Because I do believe that it will lessen the sadness in your heart" he said.