8 .Problems. 8

"C-Chloe! Leave. I'll b-be fine. Just leave." Chloe knew he was dying because she was there and felt horrible. Chloe quickly grabbed her purse and hung up. "Do you really not who he was?" Lucifer shook his head as he coughed and stirred. "J-Just. Leave! Please! We'll talk about that l-later!" Chloe nodded and went in the elevator. "Please don't die." Chloe peaked her head through the elevator and waved. "Yes...thanks Detective.." He rolled his eyes and waved as well as the elevator doors closed. Lucifer laid there for a while, barely able to breathe until Chloe was finally far enough away and got up. "My bloody life." Said Lucifer under his breath. Something suddenly caught his eye in the corner of his bedroom. It was Trixie. "Small child?" Lucifer walked to the side of his bed and bent down to her level. He could tell she was scared. "Trix? Did you see what happened?" Trixie looked up and touched Lucifers neck, seeing the big slash. "Why did my mom leave you to die?" Lucifers eyebrows furrowed to the sound of her scared voice. "I told her too... it's okay... I'm fine small human." Trixie looked up and smiled sadly. "You sure Lucifer?" Lucifer smiled at her and stood up. "Yes." Trixie stood up as well and sat on Lucifers bed. Lucifer looked in the mirror and examined his wound. "When did you get here?" Trixie looked around Lucifers room and saw a small picture on his dresser. She picked it up and it was Lucifer at a party with her mom. "Lucifer..." Lucifer raised his brow as he turned around to her sad voice. "Hmm?" Trixie sighed and put the picture down on the bed beside her. "I'm sorry to say this... I know you have a thing for my mom but... she likes someone else now...you've been gone for almost 6 years. She's moved on. She thought you were never coming back." Lucifer stood silent unblinkingly and breathed hard. Trixie sighed and looked downcast. "You're a good person Lucifer, but why did you leave for so long?" Lucifer blanked out and closed his eyes. He squeezed the bridge of his nose and rubbed his face tiredly. "Lucif-" "What? I-I don't have a thing for your mom, what are you talking about?" He played off his pain and grabbed her by the arm. He gently pushed her into the elevator. "Go to school now small human." Trixie stopped the elevator doors with her foot and walked back in. "Lucifer! Stop it! I already know you love her!! You just said, you'd get hurt instead of her. Maybe even die for her? You loved her when you first met. My mother shot you, I thought in my young mind that she shot you because she loved you! She still does! But not in that way!" Lucifer turned his back to her as his eyes glowed red in anger. "Please!! Leave!!" He roared. Trixie was utterly worried about Lucifer and backed away. "Please don't yell. I don't want you to rip your throat open." Cried Trixie. Lucifer facepalmed and turned around. "I'll stop yelling once you leave!" Trixie nodded and walked backwards into the elevator and sighed. Lucifer could barely believe it, yet he did. He walked to his balcony and looked up to the sky while the elevator doors closed. "My Bloody LIFE!!!" He yelled out to god. "Why am I here!!! Why!!!? Am I here just to die?! Am I here to get my heart shattered into a million pieces? Father!!! Are you even there!!? Why'd you tell me to come back!!!?" He grabbed a picture frame of him and Chloe and threw it off the balcony. He yelled out in frustration and buried his head in his hands. "Why..." he asked in a sad tone. A tear fell down from his cheek as he whimpered.

********************************************
At the precinct
********************************************
Chloe had a brand new case, but she couldn't focus. What if Lucifer had died already? What if that man appears again? "He'll be fine." Said Chloe under her breath. "Who will be fine?" A familiar voice said. Chloe turned around and it was a man with dark brown hair and forest green eyes. "Connor!" Chloe leaped in his arms and kissed his cheek. Dan glared at the man from afar and slowly walked to the fridge to get his daily pudding, but it was gone. "Again!?" "Oh Bummer!!" Cried Ella from behind him. Dan looked over his shoulder to see Ella in a very unusual outfit. She had her hair curled and was wearing a velvet top with a long leather skirt. Dans jaw dropped. "Uhhh umm... why are you dressed like that?" Ella rolled her eyes and handed him her pudding she had in hand. "Listen, I just wanted to try something different! I kind of like it you know!?" Dan smiled and nodded. He seemed to find it funny that she all of a sudden she was "grown up." Dan sat at his desk and opened his pudding. "Thanks for the pudding!" Said Dan. Ella waved at him and went in the lab. Dan found himself staring at Chloe and Conner again. Just the thought of her being with someone else made him sick. He shook his head and looked down at some new files. Jeremiah Tricker was the name of the Victim. Dan flipped through the pages and saw a stand of hair on one of the files. "Gross..." uttered Dan. He swept his hand on the paper and continued to look at the files. "It says here he was found dead in his car." He said to Chloe. He looked up and Chloe was flirting with Connor. Dan scoffed and rolled his eyes as he looked at the small hair on his table again. "Ella!!" He called. Ella walked to him out of breath and smiled. "Y-yes Dan?" Dan tilted his head. "Why and you out of breath?" As Ella was about to answer, Dan turned his chair around and held the hair with tweezers. "I need you to test this."