8// Grown

You finally return to the Southside after three years of trying to run from your past. You realise what you really should have been running from.
WORD COUNT: 1352
----

Things had changed since you were last on the southside of Chicago. Your teenaged years were at an end and you were due to be turning 21 in a week, exciting right? No. It was your therapists idea to revisit your past, deal with what you left undealt.

"Not much is it." The taxi driver looked at me. "From around here?"

"You could say that." You nodded and looked down at your engagement ring. You had no idea why you even said yes. You didn't love Y/P/N, you just loved the idea of them. You were hoping to deal with whatever was haunting your dreams quickly so you could leave before being absorbed again.

"Pretty shitty place." The taxi driver nodded. "At one point the streets were run by kids. Can you believe it?"

You chuckled slightly remembering it. You were one of those kids. Strong willed and wild. You wouldn't never of let a boring asshole like Y/P/N in your life but something had been missing since the day you were let out of juvie.

"This is house." The taxi driver smiled. "Stay safe." You passed him cash before grabbing your bag and getting out. You stood and stared at the familiar homestead. The Gallagher's. There was a laughter and the smell of spaghetti. "Are you one of mine?" A drunk, yet familiar voice stumbled behind me. Frank.

"Frank?" You asked. "Holy shit you haven't changed a bit."

He stared at me. "Can you help me inside?"

"If I'm welcome in there." You shook your head.

"Carl will probably shoot you if you stand there for much longer." Frank chuckled and basically leant his entire weight onto you. "Inside."

Y/P/N thought you were staying in a hotel and you were meant to message every hour but you though it was easier to do this alone. "Fiona!" Frank yelled. "We have a guest can you say hi?"

"Frank what have I told you about strays?" Fiona scowled as she came around the corner. She saw you. She froze for a minute. "Y/N?"

Everyone knew you were meant to return on your 18th birthday when you got out. You never came back. Fiona wrapped her arms around you. "Kev's just through here."

You followed her to where your dad was. "Hey dad." You mumbled as you saw the family around the table.

"Y/N?" He whispered. "I thought you were never coming back."

Whilst Kev was hugging you the familiar voice came from behind. "Who's the unlucky guy?" Carl scoffed.

"Y/P/N." You looked down at the ring.

"Why are you here? Why now Y/N?" He mumbled.

-- Flashback--

Your fingers and hands were going numb from how tight the handcuffs were. "Don't take the fall Y/N." Carl stood in front of you. "It's going to be okay alright I'll get you out."

You couldn't say anything. You did shoot someone, but he was trying to kill Carl. You were going to go down for a long time and a part of you decided then and there that if you were getting out then you needed to flip your life around.

--

"You never got me out." I mumbled.

"Look at you." Carl shook his head. "You look like a new york bitch."