Chapter 1

Calum's P.O.V 

Every other morning, Elle and I would run as far as we could, I mean we had to run for training so we thought why not do it with your best friend. Elle has been my bestie since birth besides Michael, Luke and Ashton, It was nice to have her feminie scent around when the smell of balls and pizza is burnt into my nose from having three day long periods of just laying around and playing video games. 

It was saturday morning, I was awoken by the ringing of my phone. The screen lit up with the name 'Kelly', who happened to be my girlfriend. we started going out only a couple months ago but she acted like it was years, Someone had told me that she liked me and i thought she was pretty so i was told i should ask her out so I did. 

'Where are you?'

'I'm in my home..'

she could be clingy. 

'Oh, I thought you were at Luke's last night'

'I was last night but I went home' 

Most of our conversations went like this, pointless banter, sometimes she would try to bring up bands that I liked but I knew she knew shit about the bands I liked but A for Effort, I guess.

I heard a repeated banging sound on my back window, I pulled up my curtain to see elle standing in my backyard in her usually running wear, she jogged in place while waiting for me.

'do you wanna come over, Cal? My parents aren't home" 

'Uhm, no thanks, I'll talk to you later' Kelly was like addicated to sex, whenever we hung out, all she wanted to do is have sex. I mean, yeah woo sex is fun but I would still like to talk about the smell of flowers and my feelings sometimes too. 

I threw on my closest pair of short and a random shirt, tripping while throwing on my shoes. I hated to keep her waiting. 

'CALUM' she screamed, jogging over to me once I exited my back door. She attacked me in a big hug. It put a smile on my face to see how excited to see me after about 4 days of being apart. She miniced my smile but bigger.

'Where are we going to today, Munchkin?' I asked her, wrapping an arm around her shoulders while we walked in sync towards the sidewalk exiting the backyard.

'I was thinking the falls possibly, Albin told me that its gorgeous and it..' 

she babbled on as I dropped my arm from her shoulders and we both started to pick up speed transitioning into a run. She even continued to talk about rumours and other random tibits of things without being out of breath. I chuckled about how excitable she was. 

We arrvied at a cave which was dark even in the bright australia light, she stopped short and pointed at the cave.

'apparently it's through that' she said like a toddler, she was adorable.

I knew she had this thing about the dark, she just never liked it. 

'close your eyes and I'll lead you through it' I grabbed her hand which was once pointed towards the cave and intertwined our fingers. I acted more like a couple with her then I did with kelly. The dark tunnel only lasted a couple seconds ntil the site of the big waterfall on the other side could be seen.

'Are you going first or Am I?' she asked.

"what? I'm not jumping in' I replied, she could go from baby to badass in a matter of seconds that it was almost scary.

"Fine then ya pussy' she said teasingly, slipping her shoes. 

she now stood closer to the edge of the cliff that descending into a large pool, hear voice echoed even though the sound of the waterfall next to the cliff was beyond loud.

'Will you atleast jump in after me?' she questioned looking back at me. 

'Of course Elliebellie'

She playfully scowlled at my chooice of childhood nickname.

'see ya down there, CallieWallie' She said sticking out her tongue then jumping into The water below, her face looked so happy and carefree. God damn, what would I do without her?