Chapter 3

I hated parties, it all sucked when you weren't the one getting wasted which always happened to be me and being surrounded by 'Romantic" hookups, as romantic as pathetic petting sessions while listening to blink 182 in the back seat of a 2001 saturn L-series could get, wasn't my idea of a good time. Maybe for all the perverts who try to peep in the girl's locker room after gym or look up cheerleader's skimpy skirts. I was absoutley dreading this so called beach get together, knowing that if calum planned it that his asshole of a girlfriend would be there with her weekend hookups aka his "mates". You see Kelly is a sly bitch and yes she's cheating on calum and has been since their "2 week anniversery". It was probably bad that I hadn't told him that his "faithful" girlfriend's tampon tunnel had made its way around the block a couple times but i had my reasons. I hate seeing him broken, he looks so lost and you can't do anything. I've only seen him that way twice but that was enough to make me wanna break out into a fit of tears of Cal feeling so miserable.  

I hated being early but lucky wasting my time was my speciality, It was a real talent being able to do nothing for hours on hours and not feel any regret about it. 

Arrving at the beach almost a hour earlier then I was suppose too, I watched people walk by and wonder what was going on in their lives to drift away from mine for awhile. Like the girl who sat in the big pink hat and watched everyone from a far while she stuck her nose in her latest addition glamour magazine or the old couple who wouldn't go past ankle depth yet would run away from the tide everythime it came up, or even the young boy and girl who held hands and skipped down the beach, picking up shells and stones and other little fortunes, I couldn't help but smile while watching them.

The sun began to set once I returned to my reality. It was easy to find Calum's little bonfire set up in the emptiness of the beach. I surprised to see him sat by himself on one of the make shift seats from logs. 

'CALUM' I said loudly while running over to him. Once he heard my voice, he jolted up and ran over to meet me. 

He reached his two arm over my head and cracked something between his hands, after the mysterious cracking noise i felt little things land on my head and shouder and tiny colorful circle of paper pass through my vision.

'Apperciate that Elle, I spent two fucking hours and five eggs trying to put all that paper in the egg without breaking it." 

"I feel so honored right now, Calum" I laughed, him chuckling along too.

'Well happy birthday my lil munchkin, i loveeeeee you" He said bringing me into a bone crushing hug, my feet lifting off the ground, I've concluded that Cal gives the best hugs. 

'Thank you Boo Thang" 

"Boo thang?" He said cocking his head to the side with a confused look on his face like a puppy.

"I'm trying things out geez" He smilied his big priceless smile. 

He still held me in his arms.

'I know about Kelly." He said in my ear

"Who told you?' i asked, he was taking it so much better then I expected.

"I watched it happen today" I was cofnfused none the less now. 

'I'm so sorry, Calum" i told him bringing him back into the hug.

'It's not your fault, I just wanna know why you didn't tell me she was doing that?'

"I didn't think it would be right for you to hear from me that she was cheating on you"

He stepped back from me, his eyes wide.

"Cheating' He choked out, the strength in his voice disappearing. He knelt onto the ground and buried his face in his hands. I hated seeing this, If i watched him cry I knew that i would cry too. 

I knelt next the him. He hugged me once again, his head going to the crook of my neck. poor calum.

'Well fuck"