Two

Why did I decide to fly alone?! Why did I decide to take this trip alone, the woman completely terrified of flying decided to jump on a first class flight to Aruba for 5 hours! You stupid woman, why did I want to be independent? Oh right, to prove to my dumb ex that I'm not needy. I hope my seat mate doesn't mind a hysterical woman. It must be written all over my face because the flight attendant comes over at the exact time I'm ready to braid my thick chestnut hair for the third time.

"Hey sugar can I get you a drink while we wait for the rest to board?"

"I look like I need it huh?"

"I've been doing this a long time Darlin." She smiles warmly.

"How bout a mimosa?" I ask

"You got it Sugar." She winks and then she is off.

I can do this, if I have learned anything about my life in the last six months, it's that I can keep going. So instead of focusing on completely freaking out, I'm going to look at my itinerary for the next ten days. Like I haven't already memorized it.
Snorkeling, shopping, ATV tour of the island, local food tasting, guided tour of the caves and a government tour. Most important though, resting and reading by the pool and beach of my all inclusive hotel!

Just as I open the flyer of all the things my hotel includes a large bag is dumped into the seat next to me. Startled I look up to see who it's owner is and I take note of two things. One a very large backpack is attached to a very large back. Secondly my entire body clenches. Strange.

When said large man turns around the clenching happens again, but this isn't fear, oh no, this is something much more potent. This is a breathtaking man. Caribbean blue eyes lock with mine and I immediately blush, I tear my eyes away quickly not to embarrass myself by staring.

As I fake looking through my flyer I take inventory of myself. Did I brush my teeth, has my mascara run? Oh my pants, is my braid ok?! Ok Maddie, he's a man, I've seen lots of men! Breath. In through the nose and out through the mouth.

"Good morning, I'm Kevin, I'm really happy to be sitting with you."

Clenching happens again just from his baritone voice, I chance a look and I am startled again by his shockingly blue eyes. Also, his hand is outstretched ready for mine to shake.

"M" clearing my throat I try again, "Madison, nice to meet you." I stutter. I carefully slide my hand in his and the zap of electricity zings up my arm. I quickly pull away as he grins wildly.
Thankfully my savior comes with my drink so that I don't embarrass myself further.

"Here you go doll! Oh Kevin! It's so nice to see you! It's been a while since I have seen you last."

"Hello Marla, how are your grand babies?" Kevin asks and I take that as my out.

I swallow my drink down in three gulps and go back to my flyer reading. It's sweet that he asks about her grandchildren. Gorgeous and kind. That's something you don't see very often, he doesn't sound arrogant in asking either. His tone is deep and sultry and I wonder how his bedroom voice would sound. Probably delicious, nope not going there at all!

"Would you like another Mimosa, Madison?" Kevin asks, bringing me out of my inner turmoil.

"Oh no, I just needed something to take the edge off I don't fly well." Why did I say that?

"Oh darlin we have the best pilots on today please don't worry none." Marla says kindly. "Let me refill your drink, it's part of the flight anyway." She offers.

"No thank you, I'm a diabetic, I shouldn't have another." What the hell is wrong with me? Why am I sharing so much with a stranger?! Shut up Maddie!

"Oh well in that case, you'll just have to hold my hand, I'm a great flying companion." Kevin offers with a smile and the clench happens again.

"Oh uh, thanks, but I'll be alright." I breathe. I am not gonna make this flight if I have to touch him again. I will dissolve into a puddle right here.

It's going to be a really long flight...