Three

We finally get in the air and I am hanging onto the armrests for dear life, eyes tightly closed, praying to God we get to Aruba safely.

"We're in the air now Maddie." I hear from far away. "Maddie? You can open your eyes now." A warm, large hand wraps around my small wrist and I gasp! Snapping Emmy eyes open I'm met with those wondrous blue eyes.

"I have never met anyone with eyes as blue as yours." I say abruptly. He takes a beat and then smiles wildly. I can barely breathe, it has nothing to do with the flight though. When was the last time a man took my breath away? I can't even remember.

"I have never met anyone as beautiful as you." He says, and the strange thing is, I almost believe him. Realizing he still has his hand on my arm I start to relax my grip and slowly pull away.

Clearing my throat and going for my braid I assure him, "I'm ok, sorry to take up the armrest. I really am a terrible flyer, I bet if you ask you can change seats."

Kevin studies me for a second, his brows furrowed, "Why would I change my seat. I am a great conversation partner, I am happy to distract you. What brings you to Aruba?" He asks smiling, and carefully I take a deep breath, I guess this could be harmless, it's a five hour flight so I guess it couldn't hurt to talk to him. If I can get my tongue to work.

"I'm taking a ten day vacation to an all inclusive adult resort. I have a full itinerary, and plenty of time carved out for relaxing." I say with a smile.

"How wonderful for you! Who are you meeting? Where are you staying, ten days is the perfect amount of time her, lots to see but it also gives you time to relax."

"I'm staying at the RIU? Have you heard of it?" I ask, I try to avoid the going alone part, I don't know if he's a murder.

"Oh yes, I have heard of it, in fact, I'm headed there myself for a three day development meeting, I'm expanding the resort and I'm meeting some investors." He says smiling.

"Oh. OH! You're the owner! I knew that actually, well not what you looked like of course, but I read your name in...in this pamphlet!" I wave this thing like an idiot, what in the actual potato skins is going on?! I am sitting next to the owner of the resort! He's so, so, beautiful, and normal? Ok don't freak out. "Well, anyway, I'm very excited to spend time at your resort."

"I've shocked you?" He asks eyes glimmering.

"Yes, I guess a little, you're flying commercial for one, two, you seem really grounded. The flyer said you own several resorts around the world, that seems pretty impressive and cause for someone to be a little out of touch if you don't mind me saying." After the words leave my mouth I realize I really just insulted him. I blush deeply apologizing and turning to the window.

He laughs whole hardly and has to clear his throat. I like that noise.

"I guess I'm not like other CEO's, I don't need to fly private, it's a waste of money. I like donating to charities and my guilty pleasure is cars, old ones." He chuckles. He's got laugh lines and I can see he must laugh a lot. "So, you didn't say, are you having an epic girls trip? Birthday party?" He asks turning towards me.

"Uh, well not exactly, I'm actually traveling alone." I say, "I was supposed to go with my ex. But he's my ex now and there was no way I was taking him on the trip, but my assistant demanded I go anyway. I don't know why I just told you all that." I say sheepishly.

"Wow! That's, well, wow." He stammers "that's incredible you're going alone. Like totally alone? How are you getting to the resort? We can ride together? I have a car waiting for me."

"Oh god no, please don't do that, I'm fine, I'm getting a cab and I have to pick up my luggage. You shouldn't have to wait for someone. I'm really ok, thank you though!" What in the world is this man doing offering a ride to a complete stranger?

"No really! It's no trouble I'm happy to give you a ride, we're going to the same place. Please I insist!" He pleads

"No really it's fine, I am too uncomfortable making you wait. You must be so busy."

"Well, I have another couple hours to convince you Madison, and I'm a great negotiator." He says with a smile. I turn beet red and decide it's time to read my book.

Kevin notices the shift and reacts accordingly, he pulls out his laptop and gets to work, not before giving me a megawatt smile.

The clenching is back.