Chapter 2: The God of Mischief

(Told from Loki's point of view)

"You can't just barge into there." Harry replied, his eyes fearful. "You shouldn't."
"Watch me." I shrug, pursing my lips. "Although you ought to go upstairs with Ron and Hermione. I'm going to use methods of persuasion that are beyond your capabilities."

"The hell is that supposed to mean?" he frowns.

"Means you can't get in." I reply. "I at least have a chance. Now go, I have an important meeting to crash."

I turned on my heel and walked quietly downstairs, glancing up to see if Harry had gone. I started hearing voices upstairs, telling me that the trio had reunited.

I found myself standing in front of the door, breathing deeply. I reached out to touch it, but my hand stopped just an inch before I touched the handle.

I grasped the handle, but I couldn't feel it. It was like I was holding the air around it. I couldn't hear anything. Clearly, they had spelled the door, but that wasn't going to stop me.

I was tempted to kick it down, but something told me that wasn't a great idea. I began to breathe slowly, and stretched my fingers absentmindedly. I closed my eyes, and focused intensely on the door. When wizard spells didn't work, I had to rely on my Asgardian magic. Besides, I'd probably get in even more trouble if I tried to use my wand instead.

After careful concentration, and close examination of the spell put on the door and on the lock, I heard the door click, and now I could hear things inside.

Without hesitation, I opened the door and walked calmly inside, like I was simply late to the meeting.

Everyone had fallen silent. I could feel a strange essence in the room. A large amount of wizards and witches were sitting at a long table, and I recognized quite a few. Snape, McGonagall, Molly, perhaps a few others.

"How did you get in here?" was Molly's first comment.

"Concentration." I say honestly.

"Please go back upstairs." She said, looking disappointed.

I smile, and approach the head of the table. "Let's not beat around the bush." I start, ignoring Molly's comment. I place my hands gently on the table and look intently at everyone else. "I'd like to join the Order of the Phoenix."

Technically I had just guessed what the name was, after reading the piece of paper Moody had told me to memorize. Luckily, I had been right.

"You're not old enough to join the Order." Molly said to me like she was speaking to a small child. "Now please, return to the upstairs before you embarrass yourself."

The way she spoke to me sent bubbling hot anger up my throat. But I kept my composure, and chuckled lightly. "Well now, you see, that's where you're wrong."

"You're only 15--" Sirius began to say, looking at me with an understanding look upon his face. That look of understanding almost put me over the edge. There's no way he can understand who I am.

I hit the table abruptly. "I am not 15." I hiss. "I may look 15, and that's because of the way I chose to progress my body, but I am not 15." I swallow my anger.

"Please, Loki, I'm begging you--" Molly frowned, not exactly begging.

"I am several millennia old." I continue. "The blood that flows through my veins comes from the time before humanity even existed."

"None of us believe this." Snape said from near the head of the table.

"Funny." I comment blatantly. "Because I've shown you, all of you-- at least the ones who know me-- countless times that I am not your ordinary wizard. That I am, in more ways than one, otherworldly."