Chapter 3

LILI guided me from class to class. She showed me possibly every single room in this massive school.

 "Now remember, our school only has 3 different schedules, and luckily you have the same one as mine!" She grins.

 "Wait, why do we have the same lockers and the same schedule? That can't just be purely a coincidence." I ask.

 "Oh, well our locker location basically decides what schedule we have. All of the lockers are divided into 3, which then gives us our schedule. So since my locker is near yours, I have the same schedule as yours."

 "Oh, I see. Thanks." I smile. I kind of understand what she meant.

 Our first class is Science. I've always thought Science was interesting. My father used to be a scientist.  I remember always watching him at our old home writing down his notes and mixing chemicals and sorts. He never told me about his job, and to this day I always wonder why. (And no matter how many times I beg Mother, she won't budge to tell me, either.)

 Lili and I walk to Science class. We open the door, and a tall man looks at us. The teacher, presumably.  He has blonde hair, and brown eyes.

 "Hello! Welcome to Science. I'm Mr. Thomas, feel free to call me Mr. Tom, Mr. T, Mr. TomTom....anyways, I'm guessing you're Samantha Vensylvia, correct?" He waves.

 "Um, yes." I respond.

 "Great!" He turns to the class. "Everyone, I would like you to welcome Samantha to our classroom and say hi!"

 "Hiiii Samanthaa" The class echoes.

 I smile and wave at them. They actually seem pretty nice at this school.

 "Okay class now do your morning work while I get Samantha settled in." He tells them as I see Lili going to her seat.

 "Okay, Samantha. Now I saw Lili guiding you, am I correct?"

 "Yes, she's helped me a lot so far." I smile.

 "Well, that's awesome! Now, we only have one seat left and that's the seat in front of Lili," He points to the black thick chair with an old wooden desk in front.

 "Hopefully you guys won't chit chat all the time when I'm teaching, am I correct?" He grins.

 "Uh, no, of course not!" I reassure him.

 "Haha, alright then. Well it seems like you've gotten everything you need for today," He looks at my notebook, textbook. and pencil. "If you have any questions, feel free to ask me."

 "Okay thanks" I smile and walk to my desk. I see Lili smiling very wide as she looks at where I sit.

 "Yay!!" She whispers.

 I read the board. 'Objective: Learn about soil conservation and how it would affect the world without it. ' Hmm, okay. Decent enough.

~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶~̶

 As we are packing our things together to leave the class, Lili taps me on my shoulder and I turn around.

 "Hm?"

 "I forgot to ask you this, but, how old are you?"

 "12. What about you?"

 "Woah! I'm 12 too!"

 Not much of a surprise..this grade is only 12 and 13 year olds.. 

 We both exit the classroom and walk down the twirly steps. I still can't get over how amazing the stairs look.

 We finally reach to our lockers and as Lili is opening hers and putting her books in, I turn my head and look at the library. It looks so...wonderful! I want to see what's inside.

 "Hey Lili, could we go to the library?" I ask.

 "Uhh, sure!" She replies.

 "Yay! Thank you!" I exclaim. We both walk to the library doors. The doors have a rusted plated sign that says 'Brookeside Middle School Library'. We push with both our hands on the, thick, glass door. Once we enter we see a woman wearing a grey dress, like the principal, at the checkout counter.

 "Why hello girls!" She smiles widely and exits the counter, walking torwards us.

 "Hi Ms.Amely, this is Samantha, she's new here." Lili tells her.

 "Oh, why, hi Samantha! It's very nice to meet you!" She exclaims.

 "It's nice to meet you too," I respond and smile. She seems really, uhm, what's the word .... jolly.

 "Well girls, it seems as if you only have a few minutes until you have to get to your second class, so make sure to pick out a book quick!" She tells us. We both respond simultaneously with an "Okay" and walks to the shelves.

 "On the left side are fiction books, the right are non-fiction, and in other random places are other genres." Lili informs me.

 "Oh, alright."

 Lili guides me to the fiction area and tells me, "Every time I go to the library to get a good book, I go straight here. Fiction books are the best!"

 "I know, right?" I respond. I love fiction stories. It's like they sent me into another world, where I could be someone else, and have a different life.

 Lili and I look skim through the shelves to find a book. I walk slowly squinting my eyes at the books I see. A Forgiving Madness.....Never Ending School....How To Have An Epic Sleepover.. I read the titles sideways on the spine of the books. I don't really notice anything interesting, but something catches Lili's eyes.

 "The Frog Prince" She reads out loud. 

 "Oh, cool." I respond. I walk over to her.

 "I'm checking this out. I never read it before, and well..yeah. O.M.G!! Idea!!" Lili squeals and I flinch at her sudden excitement.

 "Please be quiet Lili!" Ms.Amely tells her across the room loudly. Hypocritical much..?

 Lili turns to me without responding to her. "Anyways, my idea was, I could read like, all the classical fairytale stories! It would be so cool!" She tells me.

 "Sounds like a good idea!" I say. The only fairytale I read was Cinderella. Wasn't anything interesting to me, it seems so..fake. Yeah, yeah, it's why it's fiction, right? Well I'm the type of person who likes realistic fiction. Something real, but not. Confusing, eh?

 "So, you ready?" I ask her while looking at the clock behind the counter to see it's 2 minutes before our next class starts.

 "Yep! What about you" She asks and I tell her I'm not going to get anything.

 We walk to the counter and look for Ms.Amely. "Ms.Amely?" I said wondering where she could be.

 "Samantha, stay here. Imma look around the shelves and stuff." She runs to the back of the library and repeats "Ms.Amely? Hellooooo?"

 I make sure no one's in here looking, and I sneak behind the counter and enter her office. When I enter, I see a regular desk with a simple green leather chair behind it. Of course, there's the name plate on her desk like the principal's. I see a few papers scattered on the table with an ink feather pen by it. I seriously need to get used to this old theme and all here. I look at the papers to see she had wrote the words in bold "THE FROG PRINCE".