Rowan

^^^Rowan Blake^^^

~Rowans pov~
    When the war started I was 7. I remember my parent waking me up and telling me to run. I remember being scared. I remember the heat on my back as I ran out of the house as the bomb hit. I remember flying through the air and landing in a bush. I remember running as soldiers went to the wreckage of my home. And I wish I didn't. I don't want to remember them dying, or me being on the streets in the middle of a war. Trying to survive, doing whatever it takes to keep myself alive. I was on the streets for nine years. There were a couple close calls but my dad did always say I was a fighter. The army found me on my 16th birthday and brought me in. They bombarded me with questions so I told the truth. That I watched my parents die and have been on my own ever since. Then they gave me the test. I had heard rumors over the years about the academies but I never knew if they were real. I was lost in thought when a woman came into the room.
      "Hello Rowan. My name is Karen. I wanted to talk to you about your test results." I just nodded as she sat down. " you did very well. These are the second highest scores we have ever seen. We want to enroll you in Covington academy ." She smiled at me as she spoke but I knew she wasn't looking for consent. I had no choice in this. As I was about to speak she continued. "We have collected some things for you to take with you and the airship will be here in 5 minuets." She stood and looked at me waiting for my reply.
    " okay." My voice was soft as I looked down at the steel table. I didn't want to go but I knew it wasn't up to me. So I stood and followed her out of the room.
————————————————
     The airship smelled like chemicals and made my nose burn. There were no windows but I could hear the war raging outside. the ship making a hard turn every few minuets dodging debris. The plane started to descend and for a moment I was worried we were crashing. I closed my eyes and dug my nails into the seat. I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up at the soldier sitting next to me.
     "It's ok kid, we're at the school" just as he finished speaking I felt the ship land and come to a halt. The soldier handed me my bag and guided me off the plane before hopping back in and signaling for them to take off.
    I stood outside the school in awe. It was huge. It looked more like a castle than a school. I also realized we were in a glass dome, the only exit being at the very top where the airship was flying out. I slowly made my way inside, taking it all in and looking for the office so I could figure out where the hell I'm supposed to be. It was gorgeous. I walked straight until I came to two giant oak doors and pushed them open. I came face to face with the entire school. The cafeteria was buzzing and lucky no one paid any attention to me, or so I thought. I felt eyes on me, glancing around I locked onto the most beautiful blue eyes I had ever seen in my life. I was drawn to he in an indescribable way. I felt my feet moving and before I realized what I was doing I was face to face with the most beautiful girl I had ever seen in my entire 16 years of life.
   "Can one of you tell me how to get to the office?" My voice came out smooth and I was glad I didn't give away how nervous I actually felt. The blonde haired beauty tore her gaze away from me to look at her friend who was a deep red before turning back to lock eyes with me again.
     " ummm yeah. You'll go out those doors and the office will be the third door on the right" she said softly, her voice sent chills down my spine. I gave her my best smile and winked. She is so damn cute. I turned and started walking away.
"Thanks gorgeous." I gave her a one handed wave as I walked away, my heart beating out of my chest.
I left the dining room as an older plump woman approached me.
"Oh you must be Rowan Blake!" I nodded and smiled as she continued. " I'm principal Atkins. Come with me dear and I'll show you around." She smiled kindly and she took my arm and stated guiding me around the school.
The only thing on my mind was that girl. And her beautiful blue eyes.