002 | Secret garden

[ 002 | Secret Garden ]

I can hear the party and see the lights, but I don't want to go back

I can hear the party and see the lights, but I don't want to go back. I pull out my phone swiping through social media, not really paying attention. "Hey, dude, you okay?"  someone said and I looked up to see the blue-haired girl. she sat down next to me and I put down my phone and stared ahead of me.

"Yeah, I just, I didn't want to come today," I laid back down again, she did the same. "You know I'm perfectly fine, you can go back to everyone else, really," I say, not wanting to be a burden.

"I'm good," and that's it, that's all she said and then we sat staring up at the sky, into space. The hum of the party was enough noise for it to not be an awkward silence.

After a while, we sat up again, leaning our backs against tree stumps, still in silence. until I broke it, "Why, do you hate it? Fame?" I ask, genuinely wanting to know the answer.

"Same, reason as you," she said, trying to brush off the question, but I wanted to know.

"Really though, why?" I asked, I wasn't really scared to ask her, I never really was, the only way to find the answer is to ask the question.

"I don't know, I'm always touring, and I can never go out with my friends, I feel like I'm in a box and I'm stuck in this one place, whilst everyone else is moving around me, moving on without me; and I want to make them stop with me, so badly, but it's not fair, so I just stand still, I don't know," she spoke, like they were words she had held in for so long like they were words she had said to herself but never to anyone else. But it was also like she just stole the words from my mouth.

"You have to watch your own life pass you, but it's like your not even living it," I added, and her head shot up looking at me.

"Yeh," she said, still looking right at me. "yeah just like that," She was staring at me as if I could read her mind like I was some relative of Edward Cullen.

"BILLIE!" someone called, making her turn her head to the path out of this little secret garden.

"That's my Dad, I gotta go, maybe I'll see ya around," she says walking out before I had the change to ay anything back to her.  Shortly after she left, I wondered back into the house, not many people were still here, I grabbed my coat and walked out the front door. I walked round to the Garge where my bike was.

I had left it here a couple of weeks ago, so I thought I would ride it home. I sat on the bright green frame and started to ride along the roads. I had a long way to bike, But I didn't mind, the night was a great time, the animals are all out, and the people are all away.

I lived out, pretty much in the middle of nowhere, I lived in what is pretty much the only forest in LA. My uncle was the only person in my family who really cared about me, who thought of me as a person, rather than a money-making machine. 

His wife died of cancer before I was born, and they never had any kids, when he passed away, he gave me everything he had, in his will he said [ Take this and treat it as the money you earned working all those years, your parents took everything you made, so you deserve this]. He had a lot of money, still not as much as my parents took, but I was so grateful it was enough to get me away from my family.

  (her house)

I got home and left my bike outside, making myself a hot chocolate

I got home and left my bike outside, making myself a hot chocolate. I walked up to my bedroom and sat on a chair looking out over the lake. My uncle planted, big lights at the bottom of the lake, so at night, the water lit up, so looking out over it was mesmerising.

I pulled out my phone and realised I didn't have Billie's number, I didn't want to text her on Instagram, because I knew she would never see the message.  Just as I thought that my phone buzzed.

It was an Instagram Dm form, Billie. I felt my heart speed up, I was confused as to why. "no, no, no," I turned off my phone and climbed into bed if I opened that message now I wouldn't be able to sleep, besides, I don't make friends, they always leave.

A/N

Hey! Odd chapter, I'm excited for where this is going.