Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"So Oaf, how does your homeland look like?"

It's been a month since Aoi got into this world once again.

On her journey with Oaf, she got to know him better. He somehow warmed up to her and was no longer afraid of her anymore.

Now, their journey was no longer awkward.

They treat each other as companions in this journey and from time to time they would talk about different things to amuse themselves and create some noise to liven up this adventure.

Aoi and Oaf are now on their way for the next quest, unlocking her second mission.

Aoi and Oaf took a rest beside a big tree for the night, camping.

Having Oaf as her only companion, she talk and make fun with him every time she got bored.

She would keep on asking him different kinds of questions like what is his favorite color, food, clothes and even his hometown.

"Well... it's a nice town filled with different kinds of demons and demon kin. In my hometown, I was a hunter. I hunt different kinds of animals for meat and pick some Devil Fruits on the way for the children because they like how sweet it is. I also share some of the meat I hunted with everyone and they also do the same when they hunted, sharing with everyone. It was such wonderful days.... sigh.."

Oaf sighed and look at the camp fire sadly reminiscing about something.

"Your town sounds nice. It's like everything is so lively and happy. So, what happened after that?"

Aoi inquired curiously seeing him clench his fist, her brows furrowed together knowing that something bad happened to his hometown.

"I... They... It's just that one day everything changed."

Oaf looked at the far distance sadness laced in his tone

"I was out hunting in the forest one day and.. it just happened. When I went back to the village, everything was in chaos. Houses were on fire, many Demons and Demon kin man, woman and even children were lying dead in the ground bath in their own blood and then I just saw red when I saw the Demon Hunters laughing while toying with a dead Demon Kin child because of how her horns were like a bull and it hurts my heart because that child they were laughing at was the most sweetest and kindest child I have ever meet. She would always wait for me to come back and smile sweetly at me every time I got back from hunting, she was like a sister to me, a family but they just killed her like that because she's a Demon Kin!!"

*Snap!*

Oaf snapped a piece of wood into two that is as thick as a grown man's thigh into half

"That's why I tried to kill them!"

"Tried? You didn't kill them?"

"Hehe..."

Oaf laughed mockingly but not to her but to himself.

"I tried killing them but I was too weak to even put a scratch unto them, I was not even able to touch the base of their shoes... I'm so weak."

Oaf mockingly said to himself.

"I was no match for them since they were the Elite team of Demon Hunters, they were the best of the best."

"How did you know they were an Elite team of Demon Hunters?"

Aoi looked at him curiously because from what she knows there were no Elite team because there is only one team at the top and they were not called "Elite" team, they were called......

"It was because they were red markings on their faces and a Red sign of a Demon Hunter on their black capes so I thought they were Demon Hunter Elites because of the deadly and wild aura that could make any Demons shiver. Is there a problem?" Oaf explained.

He looked at Aoi suspicious seeing her expression.

"Well there is... but before that, how did you escape from them?" Aoi asked amused, her thoughts deep.

"Well, it's embarrassing but I fled when I realized that I can't defeat them and made a run. I used the forbidden magic of teleportation magic but I got severed injuries because the Teleportation magic I used is not complete and left severe injuries that could have caused my death but for the love of the Demon God I survived but I got caught by slave traders and got sold to different humans and then after that, I met you. I am very grateful since you never shunned me because of who I am but instead accepted me. I thank you from the bottom of my heart, Aoi."

Oaf's eyes were already red, tears had gathered at the corner of his eyes, he looked at Aoi gratefully.

Oaf wiped his eyes harshly not wanting the tears to fall.

"It's okay Oaf, no need to thank me. I also had some hidden agenda when I bought you so no need to be that thankful." Aoi replied awkwardly.

She knew that when she bought Oaf, she bought him not out of pity but of convenience.

She saw potential in him that is why she chose him, if not for that "potential" she would had never chosen him so she honestly told him for him to know and not to be too grateful to her.

"Even so I still thank you because even though I'm your slave, you treated me more like a friend."

"Oaf, you're not my slave! I told you already, stop calling yourself that. You are my "friend" so if you really want a line between us call me your Captain and you my subordinate." Aoi sternly said as she jokingly glared at him.

"As you command, Captain!" Oaf seriously said as he salute.

"But seriously just call me Aoi or Blaire because Captain is just too awkward and too stiff."

Aoi smiled wryly not knowing what to do with this dumb Oaf!

"Okay, Aoi." Oaf gleefully agreed as he grin widely.

"What a silly boy."